Try 30 days of free premium.

Carry On

After 15 seasons, the longest running sci fi series in the US is coming to an end. Baby, it's the final ride for saving people and hunting things.

Try 30 days of free premium.

Trailer

Guest Cast

View full cast list »

Episode Discussion

Myshows posted 5 days ago

@Nivekolsen wrote:
I don't understand the need for this episode.. the show could've ended after last episode imo.

Yep, also thought that and prefer it that way. It will be hard to enjoy Supernatural with ending so closed if I ever bring myself to rewatch it again.

Probably to show, that heaven isn't a shitshow it used to be and it's fixed so everything is fine for everyone who deserves good, and to show a final finale for the main characters rather than their battles, which is secondarily, or eradicate any thought of Supernatural's continuation in any shape or form.

Basically speaking to show that good will happen to both brothers all the way to the end, but they didn't really know how to make it: the same future for both Sam and Dean would be either too sweet and alike if they both die of old age surrounded by relatives, or too sad if they both die young, same goes for Dean outliving Sam since he always had a mission of protecting his younger brother, and especially they didn't know how to paint happy earthly life for Dean, because everyone paints a different picture of a Dean's happiness.

Myshows posted 5 days ago

I would still prefer they just go into the sunset and keep hunting with all imaginable possibilities.

Heaven is nice with this "You got everything you ever want or need or dream", but what this concept of heaven is lacking (like in "The Good Place") or they fail to picture is making a new family and kids. So it's basically like a retirement home for every age. And everything Dean ever knew for his entire life since a young age was hunting and roaming a map without any stable and permanent home with only preexisting relatives. I'm not saying that it was bad and he needs family and the kids or wants it for that matter, but this heaven doesn't have an option for that and therefore is not such a great place to be in for people, whose life ended abruptly or to end Dean's story in that particular way.

Technically speaking this heaven is not reliving memories with holograms, it's a discussion of memories with real ghosts.

cb1l187 posted 6 days ago

15 years - love to have been able to enjoy this show from episode one - never forget their mother burning

Nivekolsen posted 7 days ago

LeonKennedy posted 7 days ago

Now I know what heaven feels like... Will miss this show!!

tnt posted 7 days ago

As far as I'm concerned, the guys did get a proper ending. It was a hell of a ride, and now it's over.

I'm gonna miss the show...

dso posted 7 days ago

Regardless of what one might think of the finale, I'm so grateful to have spent half my life having this show entertain me. Will miss it!

Login to leave a comment on this episode.
Try 30 days of free premium.