Try 30 days of free premium.

TVmaze for movies?

fawkjay wrote 7 years ago: 1

What does everyone else use to track the movies they've seen or want to see?

I know there's Trakt.tv, Simkl TV Tracker, and Letterboxd but I can't really seem to get into those. Are there any other alternatives that are kind of like TVmaze to track movies.

Aidan wrote 7 years ago: 1

IMDB

For movies you want to watch they have a seperate watchlist you can add movies to.

For movies you've watched you can create as many types of lists as you want, both private and public.
Or just rate them and grab the list of movies you've rated ..etc Lots of options

Aidan wrote:
IMDB
For movies you want to watch they have a seperate watchlist you can add movies to.
For movies you've watched you can create as many types of lists as you want, both private and public.
Or just rate them and grab the list of movies you've rated ..etc Lots of options

I'm actually not the biggest fan of IMDb outside of looking up movies/tv and actors. I have a slight case of OCD and the organization of IMDb just grinds my gears.

dpratt wrote 7 years ago: 1

Forgive me if this question has already been addressed. Does TVmaze catalog TV movies? I'm talking about movies that are made for TV and go straight to TV such as Lifetime movies and such.

dpratt wrote:
Forgive me if this question has already been addressed. Does TVmaze catalog TV movies? I'm talking about movies that are made for TV and go straight to TV such as Lifetime movies and such.

I don't think they do, however, I believe that if it was a TV show then created into movie it's cataloged. That's how it worked for Firefly and Serenity. Firefly was the TV show and after it was cancelled a few years later they did the movie which picked up right after where the TV show left off. It's not shown as you're checking off the episodes but if you go to the Firefly page or look under the full 'Episode List' it shows up under 'Specials'.

LadyShelley wrote 7 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:

No, per the FAQ:

Explicitly not allowed are:
One-off documentaries
One-off made for TV movies
Shows where development is cancelled and the pilot episode was never aired/released
Sports events which are not tied to a single specific country, but are simultaneously aired in different countries. (Like FIFA World Cup, UEFA Cup, Formula 1 Racing, Tour de France, Wimbledon, Olympics)
Sports tournaments that premiere exclusively in a single country, but where the matches within a season/year don't always air on the same Network or Web Channel.

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

From that same FAQ:

A grey area, consult the forums for a ruling:

Made for TV movies with at least two parts, airing on the same network, all with a common and continuous plot (like "Sharknado")

In relation to my original post I found a movie site that is really nice. It's simple and easy to use. Clean interface and extremely resouceful. https://movieo.me/

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

The official site guidelines now clarify that movies are not listed at TVMaze, no matter how closely they are related to the TV series that spawned them.

WilliamWade wrote 7 years ago: 1

fawkjay wrote:
In relation to my original post I found a movie site that is really nice. It's simple and easy to use. Clean interface and extremely resouceful. https://movieo.me/

Thanks for the link! :)

WilliamWade wrote:
Thanks for the link! :)

No problem. Glad to help out.

naveed wrote 7 years ago: 1

Looks like my post is deleted from this thread :(

Jan wrote 7 years ago: 1

naveed wrote:
Looks like my post is deleted from this thread :(

Hi Naveed,

Your post was deleted because you're a new user and your first post was self promotion. You didn't bother to upload an avatar, write a small bio, contribute or anything really... We are ok with active users promoting something they created. However we will remove posts from accounts that were merely created to post something in a fashion that could be considered spam.

If you'd like to promote something, we encourage you to actually get involved and become part of the TVmaze community first.

cheers,

Jan

naveed wrote 7 years ago: 1

Jan wrote:
Your post was deleted because you're a new user and your first post was self promotion.

Make sense. Sorry about self promotion, and will defiantly contribute Pakistani tv shows ( there are only two shows on tvmaze, which is sad ).

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
From that same FAQ:
A grey area, consult the forums for a ruling:
Made for TV movies with at least two parts, airing on the same network, all with a common and continuous plot (like "Sharknado")

I have never read that before so you are saying if Part 2 or more airs on a different Network the 1st and 2nd one neither can be added? I believe that the wording needs to be changed because many Networks are connected in someway to each other like a Family or a Sister of Networks.

Examples - Discovery owns all of these Networks in the U.S.

American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Destination America
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
Investigation Discovery
Oprah Winfrey Network
Science
TLC
Velocity

There are many other Networks connected in one way or another

Disney, Disney XD, Disney Jr., Disney Toons

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, ESPN DePortes, ESPN SEC Network and more

Cooking Channel & FOOD Network change shows back and forth all the time

A&E Network owns all of these Networks

Crime & Investigation Network

fyi

History Channel

Lifetime TV

Lifetime Movie Network

Lifetime Real Women

Viceland

There are many other examples but I believe this is more than enough to make my point?

TomSouthwell wrote 7 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I have never read that before so you are saying if Part 2 or more airs on a different Network the 1st and 2nd one neither can be added? I believe that the wording needs to be changed because many Networks are connected in someway to each other like a Family or a Sister of Networks.
Examples - Discovery owns all of these Networks in the U.S.
American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Destination America
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
Investigation Discovery
Oprah Winfrey Network
Science
TLC
Velocity
There are many other Networks connected in one way or another
Disney, Disney XD, Disney Jr., Disney Toons
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, ESPN DePortes, ESPN SEC Network and more
Cooking Channel & FOOD Network change shows back and forth all the time
A&E Network owns all of these Networks
Crime & Investigation Network
fyi
History Channel
Lifetime TV
Lifetime Movie Network
Lifetime Real Women
Viceland
There are many other examples but I believe this is more than enough to make my point?

Little bit confused to what point is been made here :). I think your saying if a series of made for TV movies airs one "episode" on FYI then another "episode" on Lifetime, you aren't sure how or if we list it. We would list it and the network would be changed to reflect the network the movies last aired a new "episode" on.

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

TomSouthwell wrote:
Little bit confused to what point is been made here :). I think your saying if a series of made for TV movies airs one "episode" on FYI then another "episode" on Lifetime, you aren't sure how or if we list it. We would list it and the network would be changed to reflect the network the movies last aired a new "episode" on.

That's what I was hoping to here however my point was the other member indicated the wording would not allow that so thanks for clearing that up for me TS, as you can tell I was very confused, sorry for causing any problem with my query?

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
That's what I was hoping to here however my point was the other member indicated the wording would not allow that so thanks for clearing that up for me TS, as you can tell I was very confused, sorry for causing any problem with my query?

It does say "a grey area, consult the forums for a ruling"

So if you believe that TV movie (with episodes) deserves to be added due to this, then you should ask about in the forum.

bogge wrote 7 years ago: 1

IMDB

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

critcker.

Try 30 days of free premium.