Try 30 days of free premium.

Summary editor problem

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

I've got a weird problem – in about 30% cases I can't remove Italic attribute from text that both Bold and Italic.

For example the summary for http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/8574/the-chase. I'm selecting a title in editor and can remove Bold from it, but not Italic. Clicking [I] button just does nothing. Tried in both Safari 10.0.2 and Chrome 55.0.2883.95 on Mac.

Aidan wrote 7 years ago: 1

I've noticed this too.

The workaround I use is to copy the whole thing, empty the box and paste as plain text.

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

@david - It's because it's using an i tag - whereas the italics button looks for an em tag in the selection (and inserts one because it can't find it)

I'm not sure if this is due to copy/pasting from a source that's already in italics or not, but that's the actual issue.

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

Aidan wrote:
I've noticed this too.
The workaround I use is to copy the whole thing, empty the box and paste as plain text.

Yeah, I'm using the same trick.

Couldn't find any complains about this issue, so just making sure it's reported.

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

I think I mentioned it to David a long time back that the italics couldn't be removed, whether it was Bold/Italic or just Italic. As I recall, it's an issue with the text editor. Deleting the italicized part and retyping it also works.

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

Yeah, it's a known issue; our editor is quite buggy.

I finally have a replacement in mind, so hope to have it fixed soon. :)

Try 30 days of free premium.