Try 30 days of free premium.

"Heart" button not working on Chrome on Android

mobamoba wrote 7 years ago: 1

The title pretty much says it all. When I click the "heart" button to favorite a show on Chrome for Android, nothing happens.

Jan wrote 7 years ago: 1

Hi mobamoba,

Where exactly did you have this issue? url?
I have the same setup as you're describing and haven't been able to reproduce what you're describing.

Could you check your browser settings and see if you have javascript disabled?

Anyone else having this issue or able to reproduce it?

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

it works flawless for me

It's not flawless for me, but I think I'm narrowing down the issue a bit. I"m using stock Chrome, settings untouched (javascript is enabled by default) on Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.1.

I now believe it has to do with a touch issue. I noticed that if I spend 30 seconds tapping on the heart then tapping a millimeter over then another millimeter over etc. I'll eventually find some magic touch spot and get the heart to turn color. Sometimes if I press and hold rather than tap in the magic spot, it will turn.

I have no idea how touch works with the website, but perhaps the touch area is too small or too specific or the touch time is too short/long? I can easily reproduce this on any TVMaze page with Chrome on Android.

Jan wrote 7 years ago: 1

hi mobamoba, the entire button area is/should be clickable. Check if your page is still loading while you're clicking the button. If that is the case then it means the script still has to finish loading.

That's not the problem. I just tried it again and I think the issue has to do with the touch spot being particularly specific and tiny, like if I zoom the page until the heart is very big and slowly tap in that area with just the tip of my finger, I'll eventually hit a spot that works. Hitting this spot, on Android 7.1.1 with updated Chrome on a Nexus 6P at least, is nearly impossible to get every time. Can the "touch area" be expanded to take up not just the heart itself but the green background surrounding it? Perhaps that would help. Thanks.

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

Working OK for me as well. On both the search page and show page, the entire button is clickable in both Chrome and Firefox for Android.

Jan wrote 6 years ago: 1

Since we're unable to reproduce the issue i'll be closing this thread. If anyone can replicate it please re-open a new thread.

Thank you.

Try 30 days of free premium.