Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

tunefind wrote 4 years ago: 1

The current season of Love Island has gotten strange. This happened last season, as well (see https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/2677/edit-requests?page=187#43170). The issue is that iTV air daily episodes during the week, plus a weekly special episode on Saturdays, which they do not include in their episode list/numbering at https://www.itv.com/hub/love-island/2a3697. It looks like Thomas recently went though and renumbered/renamed episodes to remove the specials, but now I'm not seeing the weekly special episodes anywhere (from 6/8 and 6/15, so far; weekly moving forward). Can we agree on the standard practice of matching iTVs episode listing and capturing the weekly specials separately? (NB: this is different from what was done previous seasons, which is why I want to call out the decision explicitly.) And it seems like this would be a good case for a show wiki notation to avoid this confusion again.

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

tunefind wrote:
The current season of Love Island has gotten strange. This happened last season, as well (see https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/2677/edit-requests?page=187#43170). The issue is that iTV air daily episodes during the week, plus a weekly special episode on Saturdays, which they do not include in their episode list/numbering at https://www.itv.com/hub/love-island/2a3697. It looks like Thomas recently went though and renumbered/renamed episodes to remove the specials, but now I'm not seeing the weekly special episodes anywhere (from 6/8 and 6/15, so far; weekly moving forward). Can we agree on the standard practice of matching iTVs episode listing and capturing the weekly specials separately? (NB: this is different from what was done previous seasons, which is why I want to call out the decision explicitly.) And it seems like this would be a good case for a show wiki notation to avoid this confusion again.

Specials should not be added as regular episodes...... read our policy. As this is a common occurence every week, we should list them as a separate series like ITV does on their own ITV (under a special title) as Love Island: Unseen Bits

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
Specials should not be added as regular episodes...... read our policy.

yes, but tunefind agrees on this, the specials, if they air regularly should be added as a new show then and not just be deleted :)

JuanArango wrote:
yes, but tunefind agrees on this, the specials, if they air regularly should be added as a new show then and not just be deleted :)

Well they should be deleted, cause they should be attached to a new series.....

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/42662/love-island-unseen-bits

I also gonna move a few things in other seasons as that is not correctly handled too.

tunefind wrote 4 years ago: 1

Sigh. Responses like Thomas' that are the reason I am always reluctant to interact on this forum. No need to be snippy. As you can see, I participated in the conversation about the same show and the same issue last year, where TVMaze handled these special episodes completely differently and NOT in keeping with policy at the time. If there is a change to how it would be handled now, just explain that nicely. Remember there are actual humans on the other end of the keyboard who have good intentions.

I would submit there is still a good case to include this info in the show wiki, both because a fan would not necessarily see that as a separate show (in fact, Hulu viewers get the specials mixed right in with regular episodes for seasons 1-4), and because TV Maze's own listings differ in s5 (due to this policy shift) from how listings were handled in s2-4 (where Weekly Hotlist episodes were listed as regular episodes). A wiki would cut down on confusion and erroneous entry in the future.

tunefind wrote:
Sigh. Responses like Thomas' that are the reason I am always reluctant to interact on this forum. No need to be snippy. As you can see, I participated in the conversation about the same show and the same issue last year, where TVMaze handled these special episodes completely differently and NOT in keeping with policy at the time. If there is a change to how it would be handled now, just explain that nicely. Remember there are actual humans on the other end of the keyboard who have good intentions.

I would submit there is still a good case to include this info in the show wiki, both because a fan would not necessarily see that as a separate show (in fact, Hulu viewers get the specials mixed right in with regular episodes for seasons 1-4), and because TV Maze's own listings differ in s5 (due to this policy shift) from how listings were handled in s2-4 (where Weekly Hotlist episodes were listed as regular episodes). A wiki would cut down on confusion and erroneous entry in the future.

Thomas is usually a very nice guy, he fixed it all now and will also add the wiki :)

tunefind wrote:

Don't get me wrong, but I was not trying to be offensive towards you. Just a tad annoyed that yet another show is not listed per our policy and I can spend some solid time on listing it correctly. It's not meant towards you, but more or less towards tvdb who does not give a fuck about their own system.

in regards of season 2-4, I am creating weekly hotlist as a new series too right now as that was wrong too per our policy and according to itv. No hard feelings, but Hulu is not the original broadcaster :).

TylerVining wrote 4 years ago: 1

Jan wrote:
Edit Requests can be posted here.
Note: the old thread was closed down due to its size.

The air dates for NOS4A2 are incorrect. They didn’t all air at once. It started on June 2

TylerVining wrote:
The air dates for NOS4A2 are incorrect. They didn’t all air at once. It started on June 2

they were all available at the same day on AMC direct :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:

AMC Premiere ;)

TylerVining wrote 4 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:

Wouldn’t the normal airing of a show be more accurate since most people would watch on a weekly basis? Not everyone has AMC Premier and I myself would like to be able to keep up with the normal airing schedule. Just curious

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

TylerVining wrote:
Wouldn’t the normal airing of a show be more accurate since most people would watch on a weekly basis? Not everyone has AMC Premier and I myself would like to be able to keep up with the normal airing schedule. Just curious

Per TVmaze policy we follow the date when episode was first made available.

Please read Airdate chapter of TVmaze Episodes policy for better understanding. In particular Season consistency and Airdate owner.

Try 30 days of free premium.