Try 30 days of free premium.

Pending Show Request: "Hitler Youth"

tvjjbj12 wrote 6 years ago: 1

I have a Pending Show Request titled "Hitler Youth" dated April 18, 2018. The National Geographic Channel could have had better information like a good Series Description. But upon checking the credits at the end of episode one, I saw a production company called ZED. This website has a description that may work: https://www.zed.fr/en/tv/distribution/catalogue/programme/hitler-jugend. The end credits also give the copyright year as 2018.

Also, this article describes Nat Geo working with ZED and covers “Hitler Youth" - http://www.c21media.net/nat-geo-mines-zed-for-2017/.

Since the series has not been rejected yet, I thought this information could be useful in making the determination.

Also, both episodes are currently available for viewing in the cable company Spectrum’s On Demand area and at National Geographic Channel if someone can access either source and needs to research my request.

Hope this helps. Thanks as always.

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

From the looks of it, it premiered in France on France 2 as a single 107 minute film on 21st November 2017 at 20:55.

That was under the name "Jeunesses hitlériennes, l'endoctrinement d'une nation"

(Updated with exact times)

tvjjbj12 wrote 6 years ago: 1

That may disqualify it to be on TVmaze. I hope not. To me, it’s a good source for this subject. Thanks.

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

I'm not too sure, but I can confirm that version does indeed have a 2017 copyright at the end haha.

As it's ZED who's produced both versions, it may be okay, I'll have to check with other staff members.

JuanArango wrote 6 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
I'm not too sure, but I can confirm that version does indeed have a 2017 copyright at the end haha.

As it's ZED who's produced both versions, it may be okay, I'll have to check with other staff members.

Tough call, I am in favour of adding it.

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

I'd say the less Hitler we have the better :D

On the serious note, C21 article says that NatGeo "has taken the worldwide rights to Hitler Youth (1×90′)", which looks like the same one-off version as on France 2. The only place which mentions 2x44' episodes is a ZED's page, but it also have a single 107' version (in the French description). I suppose that is the version both France 2 and NatGeo purchased.

So from what I could tell it's a one-off doc, which is not allowed by policy.

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

On the other hand, NatGeo did show it as two separate episodes :)

So it's kind of confusing. The French version definitely do not fit our policy. The English version might.

tvjjbj12 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thank you for adding "Hitler Youth." From the above comments, I gather there was more in-depth discussion and rightly so for the accuracy of TVmaze. Please pass my appreciation to all involved. Sorry for the slow response.

Try 30 days of free premium.