TVmaze wishlist megathread


david wrote 5 months ago:

heyted wrote:
Please allow episodes that are marked as acquired to be differentiated in the free ical feed using a unique color or any other method.

This is probably not going to happen, as iCal is not the appropriate format for data like this. Please use the API instead: https://static.tvmaze.com/apidoc/ :)


david wrote 5 months ago:

momijigari wrote:
Being able to search using IMDb #, would be handy for shows with generic names.

This is possible for a little while now.

tvlars wrote 4 months ago:

When adding a new episode, the button is located at the end of the list of existing episodes. For some shows with hundreds of episodes, that can require a lot of scrolling. Why not put another copy of the add button at the top of the list?

KitKimes wrote 4 months ago:

Now that the watched/skipped/unwatched/acquired column has been changed from a drop down menu to a series of columns, I'd like to be able to click BOTH the acquired and the watched column.

There are many series that I acquire that I don't watch immediately. This would make that feature very useful to me. Right now, I have a second TVMAZE account for the express purpose of keeping track of acquired shows/episodes. I could eliminate that extra step with this one simple implementation.


SilverSurfer wrote 4 months ago:

KitKimes wrote:
Now that the watched/skipped/unwatched/acquired column has been changed from a drop down menu to a series of columns, I'd like to be able to click BOTH the acquired and the watched column.

There are many series that I acquire that I don't watch immediately. This would make that feature very useful to me. Right now, I have a second TVMAZE account for the express purpose of keeping track of acquired shows/episodes. I could eliminate that extra step with this one simple implementation.

Not sure why you need the two? Are you saying you want a way to be able to differentiate between shows you've merely watched on live TV or DVR but do not retain a copy vs a episode you not only watched but have a copy of it in your own personal library? If it is something along the line of the second reason, ya, that would be a helpful way to track both your watched and your library at the same time.


tvjjbj12 wrote 4 months ago:

tvlars wrote:
When adding a new episode, the button is located at the end of the list of existing episodes. For some shows with hundreds of episodes, that can require a lot of scrolling. Why not put another copy of the add button at the top of the list?

That would be wonderful for shows like NCIS, Doctor Who, NOVA, and Frontline. Hope your suggestion gets added to the Episode List page. Thanks.


SilverSurfer wrote 4 months ago:

tvlars wrote:
When adding a new episode, the button is located at the end of the list of existing episodes. For some shows with hundreds of episodes, that can require a lot of scrolling. Why not put another copy of the add button at the top of the list?

Agree, it would be nice. Don't know how other systems work, but on my Win7 pushing CTL+End jumps to the end of the page, no scrolling needed ... but a second button would still be nice.

KitKimes wrote 4 months ago:

SilverSurfer wrote:
Not sure why you need the two? Are you saying you want a way to be able to differentiate between shows you've merely watched on live TV or DVR but do not retain a copy vs a episode you not only watched but have a copy of it in your own personal library? If it is something along the line of the second reason, ya, that would be a helpful way to track both your watched and your library at the same time.

Yes, I want to be able to keep track of a all the episodes I have copies of and then to be able to check off that list of episodes as watched as I get around to doing it. Just because I have a copy does not mean that I have watched it yet.

That is why right now I have 2 logins. One to keep track of archived shows/episodes and another to keep track of shows/episodes I've actually watched. It is unnecessary extra work if I could keep track of both on the same checklist.

bjvogel wrote 4 months ago:

Cecile wrote:
Having a 'to acquire' list, in addition of the watchlist

I found a good way to have multiple "watchlists" is to use the shows tags. As long as you don't follow the shows you want in your other "watchlists", they won't show up in your regular watchlist. You can see them by selecting the tag in the drop down menu at the top of your watchlist. I only follow shows that I actively watch as they become available, and tag all other shows that I want to keep track of. It used to be quite a hassle before the update that allowed shows to be tagged without having to follow them first. Now if I feel like binging something over a weekend, I can check my Interested, Abandoned, or Aquiring tags. I also have an Ended tag to remind me when I have already watched an old show.

I realize that this may not work as well for people that like to use multiple tags on their shows, but it works for me.

Though, it would be nice if the show tags option was farther up the shows main page. I think it was there for a while before I even knew about it.

AndreLineup wrote 3 months ago:

A count of show followers in Show info page.


gazza911 wrote 3 months ago:

AndreLineup wrote:
A count of show followers in Show info page.

In case you weren't aware, the number of followers is displayed when you hover over the follow button on the show's page.

rruggles wrote 3 months ago:

Would love to be able to add Tags to actors.

Cheers!

GeorgeFergus wrote 2 months ago:

At present, an episode can only be classified as a "regular episode" or a "special". I propose splitting the latter category into two types: Specials with Continuity, which must be viewed in sequence with the other episodes in a story arc, and Specials Without Continuity, where the premise of the episode significantly differs from normal episodes and it is best listed and numbered separately from the normal seasons. For some discussion on this, see https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/2677/edit-requests?page=240#47070


tnt wrote 2 months ago:

GeorgeFergus wrote:
At present, an episode can only be classified as a "regular episode" or a "special". I propose splitting the latter category into two types: Specials with Continuity, which must be viewed in sequence with the other episodes in a story arc, and Specials Without Continuity, where the premise of the episode significantly differs from normal episodes and it is best listed and numbered separately from the normal seasons. For some discussion on this, see https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/2677/edit-requests?page=240#47070

This is already pending, you could vote for it https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/1888/better-handling-of-specials

Rookwood wrote 2 months ago:

Lots of great suggestions!

We currently have several main link options on the home page: Shows, People, Networks, Web Channels, Articles, Schedule, Calendar, Countdown and Forums

Create a new section "What We Are Watching" that would allow admins or other members to share their current favorite show.

The purpose would be to showcase "hidden gem" shows for all visitors to the site.

The format could be pretty simple at the start - Allow members to participate to the page by linking to an existing Show on the Site with a small personal comment section as to why they love it.


david wrote 30 days ago:

TonyMayhew wrote:
Sorting people profiles so that shows they actually starred in appear in the show images at the top of their profiles rather than some crappy talk show they appeared in just once.

I updated the sorting for "Known For" to give priority to main-cast and main-crew credits over guest-cast and guest-crew. From the looks of it, this is enough to resolve your issue :)

https://screenshots.firefox.com/MpOObBsgKJ9yfuM2/null


david wrote 30 days ago:

Aidan wrote:
Here's a aesthetic one that's quickly becoming one of my pet peeves *shrug*.

On the shows episode pages sort the guest cast in order of importance so that guest stars are listed before co-stars.

There are two major benefits to this;

1) The most prominent and relevant actors in that specific episode will be listed first instead of minor co-stars.
2) The actors that will be listed are more likely to have a picture which makes the page look better without any big grey boxes.

Done

Stevenjp90 wrote 22 days ago:

been mentioned in the forum a couple of times but showing runtime for that episode in the episode info box..

it's in the edit/create episode page so the information is there :)

ras44ecs wrote 12 days ago:

Add notes to a show on the watchlist. e.g. "watching on Netflix" or "downloaded to hdd" or "available on YouTube", etc.