Try 30 days of free premium.

clarification about rate limit

or_dvir wrote 5 years ago: 1

in your docs you say "So if your client is only requesting common/popular endpoints like showsorepisodes(as opposed to more unique endpoints like searches or embedding), you're likely to never hit the limit"

in the app im working on i call ".../shows/{showId}?embed[]=seasons&embed[]=episodes".
it is not clear to me as to how many requests this counts as... from my point of view this is a single request. but does embedding counts as a separate request? if i embed 2 things does each embed counts as its own request, bringing my specific case to count as 3 requests?

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

Embedding counts as a single request.

What the documentation means it that if you use embedding, it's less likely that your request already exists in our cache. When a request does already exist in our cache, it's not counted towards the rate limit, so you'll likely be able to exceed the rate limiting without any problems.

If you don't exceed 20 calls every 10 seconds, you'll be fine either way.

david wrote:
Embedding counts as a single request.

What the documentation means it that if you use embedding, it's less likely that your request already exists in our cache. When a request does already exist in our cache, it's not counted towards the rate limit, so you'll likely be able to exceed the rate limiting without any problems.

If you don't exceed 20 calls every 10 seconds, you'll be fine either way.

so even if i embed multiple parameters it counts as a single request?

cool thanks

Try 30 days of free premium.