Try 30 days of free premium.

Error uploading image

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

While uploading a local image (500K character portrait).

Oh Snap! An error occurred!

Unable to verify your data submission.

https://imgur.com/a/LlzAoB3

Meanwhile uploading to episode gallery working just fine. Uploading image via URL works as well.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

I get that error occasionally under the same circumstances. Usually when I try to upload something that I've changed after I've selected it, but before I click the create button. If I select an image that I've forgotten to crop it, see in the preview that I've forgotten, and go back and fix it.

That very well may not be the circumstance that you're seeing it under, but it suggests that there's some kind of issue where the system doesn't "like" local images that are changed en route, as it were. :)

There was nothing of sorts in my case, just chosen a file. There was no preview, and when I hit "Create" I get this error. On different characters. At the same time episode images were uploaded without any problems.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
There was nothing of sorts in my case, just chosen a file. There was no preview, and when I hit "Create" I get this error. On different characters. At the same time episode images were uploaded without any problems.

Exactly the same happened to me, using Chrome and uploading an image from my HDD, failed a few times with the same message, then worked fine again, very odd :)

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

The error message means your browser is not sending (or is sending a corrupted) CSRF token. Nothing changed in this regard on our end; I take it you're all using Chrome?

david wrote:
The error message means your browser is not sending (or is sending a corrupted) CSRF token. Nothing changed in this regard on our end; I take it you're all using Chrome?

me using Chrome :)

david wrote:

Yep :)

Anything we could do to avoid that? Apart from changing the browser :)

I still don't get why it was so selective. Character image – error, episode image – ok, every time, in different sequence and for different characters.

tnt wrote:
Yep :)

Anything we could do to avoid that? Apart from changing the browser :)

I still don't get why it was so selective. Character image – error, episode image – ok, every time, in different sequence and for different characters.

and it is totally random, the same image on the same show did not work...and then worked a minute later :)

Anyone still suffering from this or was it a fluke?

david wrote:

no problems here anymore :)

david wrote:

Nothing since then on my end :)

Very odd, I guess the experiment is over. Will close, please re-open if the problem returns.

Try 30 days of free premium.