Try 30 days of free premium.

New article series: Name to the Face

LadyShelley wrote 5 years ago: 1

Hey guys, we have a new monthly article series starting today of interviews with actors you may have seen in a lot of shows, but don't really know much of who they are. Check out JessG's interview with Matthew Jayson Cwern and let us know what you think.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

This sounds like a good idea :)

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

That's really interesting!

On the downside, in the list of latest articles on the main page the guy is missing half of the face on the photo. I'm sure there's something could be done about this :)

Jan wrote 5 years ago: 1

Matthew Jayson Cwern's interview was a really good kickoff. His description about the effort it takes just to get a role really puts into perspective the amount of work that goes into making a show and getting into one. Well done Jess and Shelley.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

Maybe the article could be "pinned" to the front page, similar to community announcements? It's already gone from the latest articles list on the front page.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
Maybe the article could be "pinned" to the front page, similar to community announcements? It's already gone from the latest articles list on the front page.

yes, those interviews should be pinned.

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

Good stuff, Shelley! We don't currently have a way to "pin" articles, but I just now manually re-published the article so it'll be back on the frontpage for a bit longer. When you have a next installment for these, let us know and I'll try to look into it!

LadyShelley wrote 5 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Good stuff, Shelley! We don't currently have a way to "pin" articles, but I just now manually re-published the article so it'll be back on the frontpage for a bit longer. When you have a next installment for these, let us know and I'll try to look into it!

Jess wants to do one an month. I expect the next one around the middle of December before Christmas. :) The interview won't stay there very long, sadly. Gislef will have reviews for Doctor Who and Supergirl sometime tonight/tomorrow and the weekly ratings article will post tomorrow morning as well. The good and bad of having more articles written I guess. :\

Gislef wrote 5 years ago: 1

LadyShelley wrote:
Jess wants to do one an month. I expect the next one around the middle of December before Christmas. :) The interview won't stay there very long, sadly. Gislef will have reviews for Doctor Who and Supergirl sometime tonight/tomorrow and the weekly ratings article will post tomorrow morning as well. The good and bad of having more articles written I guess. :\

Yep. And will have another article tomorrow night/Tuesday morning. And another one Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

As my stepson suggested earlier, perhaps there should be a way to pin them? If a way doesn't exist, maybe we should create one: that seems more time-effective than manually republishing them: how many times will each one get republished? And will get they get republished on Facebook as well?

It also raises the question of... well, favoritism. Are the new faces articles more important than the weekly ratings articles? If so, why? All the articles are presumably exclusive to TVMaze, so it can't be just exclusivity. And if they are more important, shouldn't there be a way to further pin/promote them?

Try 30 days of free premium.