Honest Trailers - Year vs Season

kevin87 wrote 9 days ago:

When adding the most recent episode today for Honest Trailers, I noticed the previous ones were showing season/episode info on YouTube. This stuff tends to go in and out on YouTube, sometimes it will show up and sometimes it doesn't... The show page here has them basically split into seasons based on year although that should be shown as a year format like talk shows, not a season format.

Since YouTube has specific season and episode info, shouldn't we be using that? It seems each season has 26 episodes, so that wouldn't follow the year = season pattern since it would be 12 seasons not 7. I was going to start this today, I went through and made a list myself to check if everything would work out correctly, but it's a lot of stuff so I wanted to check and see if it should be changed or not before starting.

tnt wrote 9 days ago:

kevin87 wrote:
When adding the most recent episode today for Honest Trailers, I noticed the previous ones were showing season/episode info on YouTube. This stuff tends to go in and out on YouTube, sometimes it will show up and sometimes it doesn't... The show page here has them basically split into seasons based on year although that should be shown as a year format like talk shows, not a season format.

Since YouTube has specific season and episode info, shouldn't we be using that? It seems each season has 26 episodes, so that wouldn't follow the year = season pattern since it would be 12 seasons not 7. I was going to start this today, I went through and made a list myself to check if everything would work out correctly, but it's a lot of stuff so I wanted to check and see if it should be changed or not before starting.

Only first seven seasons have 26 episodes, the rest are variable, 18-25. They have a playlists for each season (for some reason they have two seasons #9 and no season #10, but the second #9 playlist contains episodes from season 10). We definitely should use a season-based enumeration, so godspeed ;)

kevin87 wrote 9 days ago:

Looking into it further, some of the episodes seem to be listed in a weird manner. The info on YouTube has some switched, for example Frozen is listed as 3x01 according to YouTube, and Captain America: The First Avenger is 2x26. The problem with that is that Frozen was released March 11th and Cap was a week later on March 25th. There a few instances where the info listed on YouTube conflicts with the sequence of the date they were released... so I'm not sure what to do about that. lol

tnt wrote 8 days ago:

Well, in that case the show should be left with year-based numbering, but the season numbers should reflect years. I'll renumber the seasons for a time being.