Try 30 days of free premium.

Move Special Episodes To Watchlist

Sair wrote 5 years ago: 2

next-episode.net manages to lump normal episodes wih specials, so why not here? My go to page here is watchlist (where I have to manually change from 'sort A-Z' to 'aired most recently' EVERY visit because the site does not keep that choice for me for future visits) but when there is an existing series, why must we have to go to another page to find and mark specials as watched? This annoys me; especially over the specials-heavy Christmas periods.

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Whilst you can't view specials in the watchlist yet, you can set the default sort so that you don't have to change it each time.

You can change this in your preferences in the Default Watchlist view | Sort By dropdown.

FremenDar007 wrote 5 years ago: 1

But from what I've viewed, there are Specials which are in fact cinematic releases which are listed on this site.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

Cinematic releases shouldn't be listed at TVMaze, so if they're here incorrectly, let someone know via Edit Requests so they can be deleted.

Gadfly wrote:
Cinematic releases shouldn't be listed at TVMaze, so if they're here incorrectly, let someone know via Edit Requests so they can be deleted.

Fire Walk with Me (Twin Peaks) and Mask of the Phantasm (BATMAN: TAS) are both listed on here as Specials when in fact both are cinematic releases. These two shouldn't even be on this site.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

FremenDar007 wrote:
Fire Walk with Me (Twin Peaks) and Mask of the Phantasm (BATMAN: TAS) are both listed on here as Specials when in fact both are cinematic releases. These two shouldn't even be on this site.

Fire walk with me is a crucial part of the story, so this is kind of a Grey area.

JuanArango wrote:
Fire walk with me is a crucial part of the story, so this is kind of a Grey area.

I thought this site listed TV shows, not cinematic releases. Or am I mistaken?

Yes, it is included in the UK Blu-ray disc boxset I own but there's also a separate release from The Criterion Collection on the same format.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

FremenDar007 wrote:

Then post in the Edit Request thread as noted to have them deleted. That's the best way to make sure that the data policies are followed. Their inclusion doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Watchlist.

Sair wrote 5 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
Whilst you can't view specials in the watchlist yet, you can set the default sort so that you don't have to change it each time.

You can change this in your preferences in the Default Watchlist view | Sort By dropdown.

I appeciate this answer, thank you. I had no idea you could change it this way and have done so. :)

ras44ecs wrote 5 years ago: 1

Sair wrote:
next-episode.net manages to lump normal episodes wih specials, so why not here? My go to page here is watchlist (where I have to manually change from 'sort A-Z' to 'aired most recently' EVERY visit because the site does not keep that choice for me for future visits) but when there is an existing series, why must we have to go to another page to find and mark specials as watched? This annoys me; especially over the specials-heavy Christmas periods.

I think I hear ya... I just recently discovered a Christmas episode of Grantchester that never showed up on my watchlist. I've now watched it 2 years later and it had answered some questions from series 2. I'm currently on series 4. I see it now on the full episode list so I marked it as watched but, so? It's not on my watchlist anyway.

Try 30 days of free premium.