Drain the Oceans

wmulder wrote 15 days ago:

No, these episodes are independent episodes produced over many years with a few different production companies. They are not part of the series on TVMaze, but rather a collection of old shows.

me1308 wrote 14 days ago:

Can they be entered as a separate show name then? (Drain the Oceans, Best Of)

There are several shows I follow that are released periodically and from different production companies. Similar to these episodes.

The Drain the Oceans (Best Of) are all a part of National Geographic and listed as episodes under the one title.

By the way, after having watched all but one of the season 1 episodes of Drain the Oceans and most of the "Best Of" episodes, I do not find duplicates between the two series. I agree that many are independent episodes through the years, but it appear that they were National Geographic specials which led to the current series.

Also, they are releasing them now more frequently. Appears they are filling out season 1 with these special episodes.

I won't argue for inclusion if a Moderator or Admin responds to not include them as specials. I respect that you are "Trusted", but don't think you are the one to make the final decision on this, are you? My apologies if I am wrong or have offended you. It is not my intent.

JuanArango wrote 13 days ago:

A few things have to be taken into consideration here.

Are those "best of" episodes listed anywhere else on the side so far?

Are those "best of" episodes part of a grander scheme, for example there are themed Hallmark movies, which we then have entered as a series here?

Or are those just snippets put together from all other episodes?

momijigari wrote 13 days ago:

JuanArango wrote:
A few things have to be taken into consideration here.

Are those "best of" episodes listed anywhere else on the side so far?

Are those "best of" episodes part of a grander scheme, for example there are themed Hallmark movies, which we then have entered as a series here?

Or are those just snippets put together from all other episodes?

They are not snippets from all other episodes.

They are original documentaries, most of them aired before the current series.

They were originally added as specials here, but they were all deleted by someone, without much discussion or a final joint decision posted first, iirc because that person decided that specials can't air before a series exists.

Imho they should at least have been moved to its own showpage instead, as 1) they are a series according to the official site and 2) despite originally airing as stand-alone documentaries, they qualify as a series anyway the same way Hallmark movies and similar does (same title, same theme, same network, etc).

JuanArango wrote 13 days ago:

momijigari wrote:
They are not snippets from all other episodes.

They are original documentaries, most of them aired before the current series.

They were originally added as specials here, but they were all deleted by someone, without much discussion or a final joint decision posted first, iirc because that person decided that specials can't air before a series exists.

Imho they should at least have been moved to its own showpage instead, as 1) they are a series according to the official site and 2) despite originally airing as stand-alone documentaries, they qualify as a series anyway the same way Hallmark movies and similar does (same title, same theme, same network, etc).

That sounds very reasonable, you can go ahead and add them as an original series if you want to :)

wmulder wrote 13 days ago:

Added as original series, needs more info like airdates.

me1308 wrote 12 days ago:

wmulder wrote:
Added as original series, needs more info like airdates.

Air dates are included on the originator's site (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/drain-the-oceans-best-of/). Titles, descriptions, air dates, images, are all included here.

IDs like IMDb and thetvdb numbers can be found on their respective sites.

I will work toward updating or adding episodes. I hope others will also help!

me1308 wrote 10 days ago:

JuanArango wrote:
seems it is all done already :)

Yup! But I didn't do it. I'm guessing @wmulder.

Thank you whoever did all that work!!! Terrific job!