Try 30 days of free premium.

UFC Fight Night all wrong

Whitey01 wrote 5 years ago: 1

This is all wrong: https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/1596/ufc-fight-night/episodes

The February 17th event isn't "UFC Fight Night 145, it's UFC on ESPN 1. UFC Figfht Night 145 is February 23rd. UFC Figfht Night 146 is March 9th. UFC Figfht Night 147 is March 16th. UFC Figfht Night 148 is March 23rd. The March 30th event isn't "UFC Fight Night 150: Barboza vs. Gaethje", it's UFC on ESPN 2.

It's all here: http://au.ufc.com/schedule/event

The events listed there with "Live on ESPN+" are UFC Fight Night xxx which used to be aired on Fox Sports, now aired on ESPN+.

The events listed there with "Live on ESPN" is what used to be called "UFC on FOX 1 - 31" which aired on Fox, they are now UFC on ESPN 1, UFC on ESPN 2 and so on will air on ESPN.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Whitey01 wrote:
This is all wrong: https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/1596/ufc-fight-night/episodes

The February 17th event isn't "UFC Fight Night 145, it's UFC on ESPN 1. UFC Figfht Night 145 is February 23rd. UFC Figfht Night 146 is March 9th. UFC Figfht Night 147 is March 16th. UFC Figfht Night 148 is March 23rd. The March 30th event isn't "UFC Fight Night 150: Barboza vs. Gaethje", it's UFC on ESPN 2.

It's all here: http://au.ufc.com/schedule/event

The events listed there with "Live on ESPN+" are UFC Fight Night xxx which used to be aired on Fox Sports, now aired on ESPN+.

The events listed there with "Live on ESPN" is what used to be called "UFC on FOX 1 - 31" which aired on Fox, they are now UFC on ESPN 1, UFC on ESPN 2 and so on will air on ESPN.

Will fix this later.

Should be correct now, please take a look.

Yeah all looks right now, thanks for that.

Would it be possible to have a new episode list for UFC on ESPN ?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Well, if I understand this correctly:

Starting January, ESPN+ and ESPN will become the exclusive digital and linear distributors in the United States for UFC, showcasing 42 live events, 30 of which will feature a full card of 12 UFC bouts.

It means that there will be no more "UFC on FOX" and all 2019 broadcasts are belong to ESPN, right? In this case we simply change network for the show and season 13, and future episodes could be added in usual manner. Adding "UFC on ESPN" as an AKA for the show probably a good idea as well.

Whitey01 wrote 5 years ago: 2

Well, the events that used to be UFC on FOX, now UFC on ESPN starting from February 17th event will all be broadcast on ESPN if you want to put it that way.

Just thought it would make more sense to have them separate seeing they're two different things, UFC on ESPN isn't UFC Fight Night xxx.

Anyway, just a suggestion, the powers that be here will do whatever they do.

albedos_shadow wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Well, if I understand this correctly:

Starting January, ESPN+ and ESPN will become the exclusive digital and linear distributors in the United States for UFC, showcasing 42 live events, 30 of which will feature a full card of 12 UFC bouts.

It means that there will be no more "UFC on FOX" and all 2019 broadcasts are belong to ESPN, right? In this case we simply change network for the show and season 13, and future episodes could be added in usual manner. Adding "UFC on ESPN" as an AKA for the show probably a good idea as well.

To me this makes the most sense, since all UFC events (except for PPVs) are on ESPN+. They're all UFC Fight Nights, there's no division anymore.

Side note, did the February 17th event get deleted, or moved elsewhere?

albedos_shadow wrote:
To me this makes the most sense, since all UFC events (except for PPVs) are on ESPN+. They're all UFC Fight Nights, there's no division anymore.

You are totally wrong, they're not all on ESPN+, they're on ESPN+ and ESPN, there definitely is division you can even see that on the UFC site itself, not to mention all the other info, wiki, google, MMA blog/info sites etc etc saying the same, lol.

ESPN+ : UFC Fight Night xxx (Used to be on FOX Sports)

ESPN : UFC on ESPN 1, UFC on ESPN 2 and so on (Used to be on FOX: UFC on FOX 1 - 31)

So I'm not sure we ever came to a definitive conclusion on this. Should we create a new series for the main cards on ESPN+ and change the network for the existing show to ESPN? Asking because I just tried to add the March 30th event and it was locked due to existing in the past. We're also still missing the February 17th fight night.

albedos_shadow wrote:
So I'm not sure we ever came to a definitive conclusion on this. Should we create a new series for the main cards on ESPN+ and change the network for the existing show to ESPN? Asking because I just tried to add the March 30th event and it was locked due to existing in the past. We're also still missing the February 17th fight night.

Actually now that I think about it, the ESPN fights should probably be a separate show, and the ESPN+ fights added to the existing page.

albedos_shadow wrote:
Actually now that I think about it, the ESPN fights should probably be a separate show, and the ESPN+ fights added to the existing page.

you definitely got more knoiwledge about this than I do, if no one is against it you could proceed doing this, let us wait one more day in case someone has something to add to the discussion :)

Geldofa wrote 3 years ago: 1

I am willing to give the ufc fight night a complete overhaul (names & seasons)

Suggestions: instead seasons instead of number -> years (S2021E01)
UFC naming sheme, keep them like the official UFC website (as listed on wikipedia)

Because the naming now is just not in a good stat imho.

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Geldofa wrote:
I am willing to give the ufc fight night a complete overhaul (names & seasons)

Suggestions: instead seasons instead of number -> years (S2021E01)
UFC naming sheme, keep them like the official UFC website (as listed on wikipedia)

Because the naming now is just not in a good stat imho.

We should always follow the official website, if you are willing to give the show an overhaul according tot he official listing. please go ahead :)

@JuanArango wrote:
We should always follow the official website, if you are willing to give the show an overhaul according tot he official listing. please go ahead :)

Then I will make work of that in the near future! But do I have all the necessary permissions the do so? 

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 2

@Geldofa wrote:
Then I will make work of that in the near future! But do I have all the necessary permissions the do so? 

If you encounter obstacles, just let me know :) 

@JuanArango wrote:
If you encounter obstacles, just let me know :) 

Is there a Quick way to edit the season numbers to the airing year? Or do i need to create a new season and transfer the episodes?
I personally would prefere it that way, they dont really work with seasons anyway.

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Geldofa wrote:
Is there a Quick way to edit the season numbers to the airing year? Or do i need to create a new season and transfer the episodes?
I personally would prefere it that way, they dont really work with seasons anyway.

david has a fast way to convert from seasons to yearly. First we need to check how the official site / press releases handle the show. Do they see it as seasons or as year based?

Try 30 days of free premium.