Already existed

LLJones wrote 8 days ago:

Hi,

I'm trying to add the new eps of Wild Hokkaido.

"This entry already existed in the past, so it can only be re-created by a Trusted Contributor or higher."

It did NOT exist in the past. A re-run entry was deleted at my request a few days ago as seen in the edit log, but I'm not trying to re-add that one, so why do I get that message, doesn't really make sense.

It's needlessly in the way, so can something be done about it? A bug in the deletion of an entry? Something to do with "(not set)" perhaps, my edits don't show up like that in the edit log.

gazza911 wrote 8 days ago:

It's based off the number.

So because Season 2019 Episode 3 was deleted, only a TC or higher can add an episode to that season with that number. The system doesn't know the difference between what was deleted and what you're trying to add.

To confirm, is this the next episode?

Lake Mashu, 2019-02-17

That's a re-run date, original is Lake Mashu, 2019-02-03

Followed by:

Harsh Winter in Lake Akan, 2019-02-10

The system doesn't know the difference between what was deleted and what you're trying to add.

Any way of resolving that I guess. Perhaps somehow add a "this was incorrect" marker it understands so it allows us to use it again.

LLJones wrote:
Any way of resolving that I guess. Perhaps somehow add a "this was incorrect" marker it understands so it allows us to use it again.

Episodes are deleted for a reason.

There wouldn't be any point having a checkbox accessible to everyone that would allow it to be used again as it would defeat the point of having that check in the first place.

Anyway, I've added the episodes and all the other relevant information

Of course not accessible to everyone. Just when a deletion is done for a wrong listing, having an admin tick a marker to free it up for an overwrite by regulars, instead of blocking us creating and replacing it with the correct ep. I guess it's done to prevent abuse but isn't that the job of too many edits for your level.

tnt wrote 8 days ago:

LLJones wrote:
Just when a deletion is done for a wrong listing,

This is basically the only reason why the episodes are being deleted :D

It's either a wrong episode, or deleted by mistake (which is pretty rare).

creating and replacing it with the correct ep

No one would add incorrect episode intentionally. SInce the people tend to use the same sources of the information, this is a safeguard from repeating the same mistake.

When would there be a "right listing" that gets deleted?

Wrong data is also added for a reason, whether that be rumours, a bad source, details have changed, spam, etc.

We have this additional overhead so that once we've already identified something as being wrong and removed it, it can't be added again unless a TC or higher has verified that it's accurate.

LLJones wrote 6 days ago:

In my case, basically if it's an old dupe that went unnoticed for a while and other eps have stacked, request a delete.

If it's the newest one, like this case was, just edit and change the data is probably best. Don't know why I didn't think to leave it be, wait for the new info, and then update it.

Anyways suppose this thread can be locked/closed now.

Thanks.