Try 30 days of free premium.

Subscription Renewal Notifications

lycanthrope7 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Hi guys,

I, like a lot of people, have trouble remembering what I did 12 months ago. So it came as quite a surprise that my TV Maze membership expired recently. Alas, it wasn't until I received an email advising me that you'd tried, and failed, to renew my membership, that I became aware of that fact. Perhaps if you had given me some advance notice, I could have taken steps to ensure there were sufficient funds in my bank account.

Seriously guys, you're clever people, I'm sure you could figure out a way to automatically send out a notification or email, a couple of weeks before memberships expire, so that people don't miss out on a single moment of the awesome benefits that membership offers.

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thanks for the suggestion :) The subscription-related emails are actually sent by our payment processor, but I'll check this out.

Just to make sure, your subscription isn't actually directly canceled after the first failure email, right? It should give you a couple of days to correct your info before it actually cancels you.

lycanthrope7 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get an email from anyone prior to them attempting to take the money, only after it failed, but I believe you're right, it was from the payment processor.

You're also correct that my subscription didn't cancel immediately. But I get paid monthly and once it's all gone, I can't miraculously make more money appear within a couple of days. I have to wait until next month.

Try 30 days of free premium.