Try 30 days of free premium.

Email verified now it's asking to verify again and won't accept verification

danharr wrote 4 years ago: 1

All I did was add a bio and profile pic it made me confirm my password again to save my changes. Now the main page is telling me to verify my email again and when I do it says it's already in use. Please clear this error so I don't lose access to my account.

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

danharr wrote:
All I did was add a bio and profile pic it made me confirm my password again to save my changes. Now the main page is telling me to verify my email again and when I do it says it's already in use. Please clear this error so I don't lose access to my account.

You won't lose access to your account if it is not verified, but let's see if David and Jan could help you a bit when they are present.

Thomas wrote:
You won't lose access to your account if it is not verified, but let's see if David and Jan could help you a bit when they are present.

Thank you.

Jan wrote 4 years ago: 1

Well your account is already active.
When you create an account, it doesn't need to be verified in order to use the site.
Adding a bio or thumb doesn't trigger the system to ask for password verification.
Also regarding the main page, i'm also not sure what you're referring to. Is it the yellow callout? Could you mail us some screenshots? contact|ATtvmazeDOT|com

Honestly, my first thoughts are that you might of installed a malicious addon or something that just stores passwords...

cheers,

Jan

Jan wrote:
Well your account is already active.
When you create an account, it doesn't need to be verified in order to use the site.
Adding a bio or thumb doesn't trigger the system to ask for password verification.
Also regarding the main page, i'm also not sure what you're referring to. Is it the yellow callout? Could you mail us some screenshots? contact|ATtvmazeDOT|com

Honestly, my first thoughts are that you might of installed a malicious addon or something that just stores passwords...

cheers,

Jan

Yes it's the yellow box telling me I haven't verified my account. I'll try to get a screen shot.

danharr wrote:
Yes it's the yellow box telling me I haven't verified my account. I'll try to get a screen shot.

Screen shot has been sent.

david wrote 4 years ago: 1

I see what's going on here. Thanks for taking the time to report it!

What happened is that you (or perhaps your password manager) changed your email address to a different capitalization, which our confirmation code didn't account for. It's fixed now and your account is confirmed.

FYI, it is not necessary to input your password unless you want to change it.

Try 30 days of free premium.