The Code pulled off CBS schedule

tnt wrote 16 days ago:

Just a heads-up: all previously scheduled (June 10, 17 and 24) episodes of The Code were pulled from CBS schedule and replaced by Magnum P.I. re-runs.

JuanArango wrote 16 days ago:

oh, seems it wasn't that successful then :O

tnt wrote 16 days ago:

JuanArango wrote:
oh, seems it wasn't that successful then :O

Definitely less successful than Magnum's re-airs :D

Tonks wrote 16 days ago:

that sucks

gazza911 wrote 16 days ago:

Considering this, I think the status should be set to To Be Determined until we hear some news about whether the episodes are just going to air later or will never see the light of day.

Does anyone have any objections?

Gadfly wrote 16 days ago:

tnt wrote:
Definitely less successful than Magnum's re-airs :D

Or the Magnum episodes are cheaper. Although that might make them more "successful" from a CBS executive's point of view.

Never underestimate expense when network executives are involved. :)

tnt wrote 16 days ago:

gazza911 wrote:
Considering this, I think the status should be set to To Be Determined

Sounds reasonable, no objections from me :)

Gadfly wrote:
Or the Magnum episodes are cheaper. Although that might make them more "successful" from a CBS executive's point of view.

Never underestimate expense when network executives are involved. :)

I never really understood how this works. I assume they've already bought and paid for the whole season of Code (?), so pulling it from the schedule means pouring the money down the drain.

Gadfly wrote 15 days ago:

tnt wrote:
Sounds reasonable, no objections from me :)

I never really understood how this works. I assume they've already bought and paid for the whole season of Code (?), so pulling it from the schedule means pouring the money down the drain.

The question is, how much money can they get from advertising during A (Magnum) over B (Code)? If they can get the same viewer figures (no matter how low they are), and thus advertising revenue, then CBS "wins" by airing A even if they lose money on B.

If a repeat episode of A makes them $300,00 in advertising, and an episode of B costs them $200,000 in production and lost revenue (hypothetical figures for all) then CBS considers A more profitable.

It boils down to a number of factors we the viewers don't know, like how much Code costs, and how much CBS charges for advertising on the time slot.

LadyShelley wrote 13 days ago:

The show is back on the schedule as of July 1. Changed the show status back to running