Try 30 days of free premium.

The Good Karma Hospital Season 3

BazzaG wrote 6 months ago: 1

Season 3 of The Good Karma Hospital (6 episodes) is scheduled to be broadcast on the ABC (AU) starting starting 12th October @ 20:20.

Since the ABC is not the "owner" I thought I'd ask here first before making any changes.

Asking Professor Google I couldn't find any scheduling info for ITV itself but I also found that it's scheduled to start on Acorn TV starting 11th November.

Do we simply add 6 episodes without a broadcast date or use the ABC or Acorn TV dates?


JuanArango wrote 6 months ago: 1

BazzaG wrote:
Season 3 of The Good Karma Hospital (6 episodes) is scheduled to be broadcast on the ABC (AU) starting starting 12th October @ 20:20.

Since the ABC is not the "owner" I thought I'd ask here first before making any changes.

Asking Professor Google I couldn't find any scheduling info for ITV itself but I also found that it's scheduled to start on Acorn TV starting 11th November.

Do we simply add 6 episodes without a broadcast date or use the ABC or Acorn TV dates?

I would set the show to ABC and use those dates for the coming season.


tnt wrote 6 months ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I would set the show to ABC and use those dates for the coming season.

Because...?


JuanArango wrote 6 months ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Because...?

I have said that without reading the policy closely again, but if a whole new season is premiering on a new network, isn't it so that we use the new network then?


tnt wrote 6 months ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I have said that without reading the policy closely again, but if a whole new season is premiering on a new network, isn't it so that we use the new network then?

But it seems that the new network doesn't have any participation in the production, and merely acquired broadcasting rights. I couldn't find any information besides that the show was commissioned by ITV and produced by independent UK production company. Hence my question. When such precedent being set up, one could expect an explanation for the future reference, what's the reason behind such decision?


TonyMayhew wrote 6 months ago: 1

It's happened in the past with shows like The Loch and Midsummer Murders & the decision was always to use the UK airdates, as they were not produced by the Australian networks.


JuanArango wrote 6 months ago: 1

Ok, sorry guys, I remembered it wrong then :)


tnt wrote 6 months ago: 1

BazzaG wrote:
Do we simply add 6 episodes without a broadcast date

^ this :)

BazzaG wrote 6 months ago: 1

Done but I did notice though that as I created each episode that the next episode would go "back" to Season 2, presumably because there was no airdate/time added to the new episode.

Personally, I think that if a whole season is premiering somewhere other than the "owner" network then those dates should be used, as it's more logical to do that.

As things stand today, ITV may never broadcast season 3.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the situation.


JuanArango wrote 6 months ago: 1

BazzaG wrote:
Done but I did notice though that as I created each episode that the next episode would go "back" to Season 2, presumably because there was no airdate/time added to the new episode.

Personally, I think that if a whole season is premiering somewhere other than the "owner" network then those dates should be used, as it's more logical to do that.

As things stand today, ITV may never broadcast season 3.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the situation.

I can understand your thoughts and I will bring this up to david and jan :)

shue2a wrote 14 days ago: 1

Both IMDB and Wikipedia are listing the October 12, 2019 airdate for series 3 episode 1. The DVD set is now out in Region 1 (Feb 18, 2020) from Acorn Media. Not sure where these new March 2020 airdates are coming from (UK?), but I vote for using the earlier airdates. I recognize that in this case, series 3 may not be available/aired in the UK, but it is in the US and Australia (Australian DVDs were released 27 Nov 2019).

It affects the ability to track whether someone has seen episodes that are actually available, since they don't appear in the watch list unless there's an airdate that has already passed. I guess it depends which users you're aiming for.


tnt wrote 14 days ago: 1

@shue2a wrote:
Both IMDB and Wikipedia are listing the October 12, 2019 airdate for series 3 episode 1. The DVD set is now out in Region 1 (Feb 18, 2020) from Acorn Media. Not sure where these new March 2020 airdates are coming from (UK?), but I vote for using the earlier airdates. I recognize that in this case, series 3 may not be available/aired in the UK, but it is in the US and Australia (Australian DVDs were released 27 Nov 2019).

It affects the ability to track whether someone has seen episodes that are actually available, since they don't appear in the watch list unless there's an airdate that has already passed. I guess it depends which users you're aiming for.

https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/128/support-for-premiere-airdates-in-different-countries
this pending feature apparently will get rid of that inconvenience (upon implementation).

shue2a wrote 10 days ago: 1

That sounds great! As long as it can be selective. I watch some shows (I'm thinking of Love Your Garden) that may never air in the US. Or maybe it can use the earliest date by default, but for each show you can go in and change it to your country if you want.

.