Omit search when adding TVDb ID


tnt wrote 12 days ago:

IDK what's causing this problem https://i.imgur.com/0S3sNgE.png, but it became very common recently. For example at the current moment it's not working for any show (for me at least). I suppose it's related to recent TVDb's "improvement", and they still can't get everything working properly.

Can we have a way to add TVDb ID directly, not via search?


tnt wrote 7 days ago:

Nevermind. Found the workaround.

Some explanation however would be nice anyway...



Aidan wrote 7 days ago:

I guess adding the show first, then using the episode importer afterwards would work as a workaround.


gazza911 wrote 7 days ago:

Until thetvdb's API is fully fixed, save this to your bookmark bar so that you can set it via the externals page when you press the bookmark:

javascript:var response = prompt('Please enter thetvdb ID'); if (response !== null && response !== undefined && parseInt(response) > 0) { $('#showexternal-thetvdb').val(response); $('label[for="showexternal-thetvdb"]').text('Thetvdb - set to ' + response); }


tnt wrote 7 days ago:

Aidan wrote:
I guess adding the show first, then using the episode importer afterwards would work as a workaround.

And what would you do when the show is already added without TVDb ID?


tnt wrote 7 days ago:

gazza911 wrote:
Until thetvdb's API is fully fixed, save this to your bookmark bar so that you can set it via the externals page when you press the bookmark:

javascript:var response = prompt('Please enter thetvdb ID'); if (response !== null && response !== undefined && parseInt(response) > 0) { $('#showexternal-thetvdb').val(response); $('label[for="showexternal-thetvdb"]').text('Thetvdb - set to ' + response); }

Thank you, works like a charm :)

So, is the fault completely on their side, or something needs to be changed in TVmaze code as well? I've heard something about them switching from XML to JSON, I suppose this changes something for us?


david wrote 3 days ago:

Are there still any problems with the tvdb API at this point or can we close this? :)


tnt wrote 3 days ago:

david wrote:
Are there still any problems with the tvdb API at this point or can we close this? :)

Well, if I got that right there was never a problem on our end, so probably there's nothing further to discuss :)

However I still vote for the standard ability to directly enter TVDb ID, omitting the searchbox. Like it's made in show request form, or when editing existing external.

And another small thing to ask. Next time when some external thing gets broken, could you guys give us a heads-up, please? Something like "we know that [xxx] is broken, it's because of [xxx], meanwhile you could do [xxx] or [xxx] as a workaround" :)


david wrote 3 days ago:

Hmm, I don't have a simple way to toggle between "search" and "direct entry" right now. If there are any problems in the future, I'll switch it to "direct entry" temporarily or permanently.


tnt wrote 3 days ago:

david wrote:
Hmm, I don't have a simple way to toggle between "search" and "direct entry" right now. If there are any problems in the future, I'll switch it to "direct entry" temporarily or permanently.

Deal :)

.