Try 30 days of free premium.

Specials listed as S00E00

Hammer1980 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Specials listed as S00E00, S00E01, S00E02 etc

Having Specials listed this way means you don't have to have ALL the specials to make it work properly on Kodi, so that when it uses the TVMaze scraper it will only find the Specials people have listed correctly in their folders.

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

It actually already does this in the Kodi plugin; any special will be marked as S00Eyy (note: that's regardless of whatever TVmaze says the season is)

You can see the portion of the source code here: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.tvmaze/blob/master/metadata.tvmaze/libs/data_utils.py#L48

As a short explanation of that code, it will order all of the specials by airdate and then mark them as S00E[01, 02, etc.]

Say you had 5 episodes that aired in season 1 of a show, and 5 that aired in season 2 and you wanted to get information on the first aired special in season 2, then you would include S00E06 in the file name.

The trouble is if you don't have all the previous specials then the details will be displayed on the next one ragardless if there are a some in between. 

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hammer1980 wrote:
The trouble is if you don't have all the previous specials then the details will be displayed on the next one ragardless if there are a some in between. 

I'm not sure what you mean. For example I added a folder called 'Doctor Who', with two dummy files, one named 'S00E88' and one named 'S00E84'

In Kodi it shows the correct episodes, even though I didn't create a file for every episode; https://i.imgur.com/pzkfRY6.png

On mine, if say there are 7 specials but I have only 5 of them, they only appear in sequential order IE the first 5.  I have saved my specials in SE00E01, SE00E02 etc format. It works that way on tvdb and works perfectly.

Cecile wrote 4 years ago: 2

I don't think the change should be made on TvMaze : for some shows, it's very important to keep the season number on specials.

If it's a Kodi problem, it should be fix on their end, not here

Try 30 days of free premium.