Try 30 days of free premium.

One Month Into Hollywood Shutdown, TV Producers Brace For Term-Deal Suspensions & Terminations

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 2

One Month Into Hollywood Shutdown, TV Producers Brace For Term-Deal Suspensions & Terminations

TV studios had been preparing for a work stoppage for months over the expiring WGA-AMPTP contract. In an ironic twist of fate, the stoppage came a little earlier, brought upon by a force nobody could’ve predicted.

A month into the mass Hollywood production shutdown over the coronavirus pandemic, anxiety among TV producers and staffers is running high. We’ve had the first major film and TV company, Disney, impose pay cuts and furloughs.

continue reading @ https://deadline.com/2020/04/tv-industry-coronavirus-shutdown-writers-guild-strike-deals-1202905489/

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 2

@JuanArango wrote:
I hope they will resume work in a few weeks!

Weeks? Months? Years? With some tests/studies suggesting most people do NOT gain immunity after infection and can immediately be re-infected,things looking worse. With NY stats suggesting 6.5% of deaths are in those under 50, things are looking worse. With some turnip level IQs suggesting we can get back to normal in a few weeks to the end of May, things are looking worse.

Break out those Gilligan Island DVDs and dream of what it would be like on a tropical island with Mary-Ann & Ginger ... or Mrs Howell if that floats your boat. Speaking of which ... 

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

@SilverSurfer wrote:
Weeks? Months? Years? With some tests/studies suggesting most people do NOT gain immunity after infection and can immediately be re-infected,things looking worse. With NY stats suggesting 6.5% of deaths are in those under 50, things are looking worse. With some turnip level IQs suggesting we can get back to normal in a few weeks to the end of May, things are looking worse.

Break out those Gilligan Island DVDs and dream of what it would be like on a tropical island with Mary-Ann & Ginger ... or Mrs Howell if that floats your boat. Speaking of which ... 

Those studies that people do not gain immunity are questioned by experts and will probably be false.

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
Those studies that people do not gain immunity are questioned by experts and will probably be false.

I hoped the same thing but they now come from South Korea, Europe and the US :(

We will all have to wait and see :)

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
We will all have to wait and see :)

Yup, fingers crossed they're flawed and people, generally, gain immunity ... at least for a period of time.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

@JuanArango wrote:

People can't get immunity because the strain keeps mutating. As far as I understand they're trying now to predict the mutation.

The best immunity is to be an introvert or a misanthrope :D

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

@tnt wrote:
People can't get immunity because the strain keeps mutating. As far as I understand they're trying now to predict the mutation.

The best immunity is to be an introvert or a misanthrope :D

Then me, being a Misanthrope, should do fine :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
Then me, being a Misanthrope, should do fine :)

That makes two of us :D

However, you suspiciously polite for a misanthrope ;)

@tnt wrote:
That makes two of us :D

However, you suspiciously polite for a misanthrope ;)

Only here on tvmaze :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
Only here on tvmaze :)

It's fine to pretend on internets :)

dpratt wrote 3 years ago: 2

Los Angeles extended their lockdown till the end of August so it's likely there won't be any significant production there for at least a few more months.

Now is a good time to be a content creator online with the increased boredom that people will experience at home without anything to watch.

Try 30 days of free premium.