Try 30 days of free premium.

Is there an app similar to Sonarr that uses TVmaze as a backend

wisem2540 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Long story short...  I hate the TVDB.  They are rude, and name a good amount of their shows badly.  Just recently I came here and requested an edit to a show that was incorrect, and it was fixed quickly.  TVDB would have told me to find another source for my data.

So now I am on the hunt for an app where I can continue to use TVmaze as a source.  I looked at Sonarr and Couchpotato and no luck

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 2

@wisem2540 We only have an official add-on for Kodi so anything else is just using TVmaze as a source. 

PyMedusa which allows TVmaze (and has for a while iirc) seems to have similar features. 

Recently TV Rename (which has download features iirc) allowed its users to set shows to track TVmaze (not sure if it's just in beta version or release).

Labrys wrote 4 years ago: 3

As a former PyMedusa dev, I can confirm that it supports TVMaze.  Unfortunately a lot of its support (like migrating etc) is still very much focused on TVDB but it should meet your needs.  There are a couple of alternatives, however they are still in closed beta afaik.  If that changes I'll let you know.

Try 30 days of free premium.