Try 30 days of free premium.

Search shows by keys other than name

kaivalagi wrote 3 years ago: 1

Would it be possible to add additional search options for shows...so rather than search by just the name, a genre match, and/or premiered date range and/or status could be used? Being able to list to-be aired future sci-fi shows for example would be very useful....or is there a way already that I've totally missed?

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@kaivalagi wrote:
Would it be possible to add additional search options for shows...so rather than search by just the name, a genre match, and/or premiered date range and/or status could be used? Being able to list to-be aired future sci-fi shows for example would be very useful....or is there a way already that I've totally missed?

In the shows section, you can choose "in development" and then pick a genre and filter by that. 

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@kaivalagi wrote:

You could use filters at TV Shows page https://www.tvmaze.com/shows

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 2

@kevin87  & @tnt not sure if you realised, but this is in the API section.

It's not currently possible to do this via the API. 

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
@kevin87  & @tnt not sure if you realised, but this is in the API section.

It's not currently possible to do this via the API. 

lol

obviously i did not, sorry :)

I don't think I'd have anything feature wise to ask for with the website, it's pretty feature rich tbh....I'm hoping this functionality would be possible in the public API as it's already possible through the website. And please, please, please don't say it's only available in the Enterprise API which I'm guessing is what the website uses for a back end anyway....

david wrote 3 years ago: 2

This is unlikely to ever appear in the public API. The public API gets an insane amount of requests, the only way we can offer that for free is keeping it as lean and resource-friendly as possible. Advanced search functionality would not be quite that.

@david wrote:
This is unlikely to ever appear in the public API. The public API gets an insane amount of requests, the only way we can offer that for free is keeping it as lean and resource-friendly as possible. Advanced search functionality would not be quite that.

That's what I thought, fair enough, it's not easy to cache search based data, too much, I get it. Instead I am now capturing future shows from schedule data for the next 30 days and caching it locally to get the data I need to search through.....amazing what you can do with flask cache and sqllite �

david wrote 3 years ago: 2

Great to hear you're making it work! :)

Try 30 days of free premium.