Try 30 days of free premium.

People :: Name :: Format / Standard

SilverSurfer wrote 3 years ago: 1

Is there a format/standard for how we add names? And if no, should one be established? I think an example best explains the question.

Rep. Maxine Waters is listed as Rep. Maxine Waters with an AKA of Maxine Waters. Should this be reversed in such cases? This would/might include Dr., Rev., Sen., Prof., etc.

Some titles can change over time, eg Rep. Maxine Waters could become Sen. Maxine Waters if she ran & won a senate race. Some can be removed if a reverend quits or is defrocked, a doctor may lose their license.

I'll cop to not being consistent on how I've added people and AKAs over the years and thought maybe I should see if it needs to be standardized.

TiA.

CC: @david @Jan 

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 4

@SilverSurfer wrote:
Is there a format/standard for how we add names? And if no, should one be established? I think an example best explains the question.

Rep. Maxine Waters is listed as Rep. Maxine Waters with an AKA of Maxine Waters. Should this be reversed in such cases? This would/might include Dr., Rev., Sen., Prof., etc.

Some titles can change over time, eg Rep. Maxine Waters could become Sen. Maxine Waters if she ran & won a senate race. Some can be removed if a reverend quits or is defrocked, a doctor may lose their license.

I'll cop to not being consistent on how I've added people and AKAs over the years and thought maybe I should see if it needs to be standardized.

TiA.

I would suggest to add the person just with the name "Maxine Walters" and the Rep. Maxine Walters" as an aka.

Aidan wrote 3 years ago: 4

Yeah, titles aren't part of peoples names, don't add them.

Try 30 days of free premium.