Try 30 days of free premium.

Shows not showing in monthly calender for different timezone

Janner wrote 4 years ago: 1

In April monthly calender I have quite a few (US) shows listed for 27 April, and they show correctly. However, as soon as I display May monthly calender, these shows 'disappear'.  Everything shows OK for 28, 29 and 30 April.  Now if I alter preferences to start on a Sunday, then it would be 26 April that would come up blank and 27 April would show correctly.

This is only for shows in a different timezone, in my case, viewing US programs with UK timezone preferences.  It's always the earliest date from the previous month showing in next months monthly calender that this affects.  Add a UK program or two, and these show correctly.  I've noticed this bug for at least the last couple of years.

It's only a minor niggle, but I wonder why it happens?  Is there any way of fixing it?

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

I assume any that you say are missing are those that air on 26th April local (not your time).

e.g. 26th April 9PM EDT is 27th April 2AM BST

Exactly.  For example Westworld aired at 9PM on 26th April and should show in my calender 27 April 2AM BST.  (It does show when displaying Aprils calender but not May calender).

I wondered if it was because you are viewing into next month, but programs show correctly for 28 - 30 April.  I also checked any overlap into the next future month and these display correctly as well. It's just the first Sunday or Monday (depending on if your preferences are set for Sunday or Monday) showing from the previous month that has these issues.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

@Janner wrote:
Exactly.  For example Westworld aired at 9PM on 26th April and should show in my calender 27 April 2AM BST.  (It does show when displaying Aprils calender but not May calender).

I suppose that's because episodes that start airing after midnight but before 5:00 are considered part of the previous day, and since this day (April 26) is not shown on the page, all shows from this day are not shown as well.

For example, here's my last week of April https://i.imgur.com/odkS7Lo.png
And here's the same week in May calendar https://i.imgur.com/xfMVtwM.png

Note that only The Rookie is displayed on 27th, because it's at 5:00 AM my local time.

Yet it shows up correctly in weekly calendar even though 26 April is part of last week. :)
tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

Yet it shows up correctly in weekly calendar even though 26 April is part of last week. :)

Apparently weekly calendar is using some different logic :D

So, if what you are saying is that it is a limitation of the software, then I can accept that. :)

Thanks for taking the trouble of looking into it and providing me with an explanation.

Try 30 days of free premium.