Try 30 days of free premium.

Problem updating email

fenlander wrote a year ago: 1

I've just updated my email address. Confirmation email sent by you to the new address and duly received. 3 issues:

1) It goes to spam in gmail (probably not your fault)
2) Gmail flags it as dangerous
3) The confirmation link you are supposed to click is not clickable. Clicking on it just selects part of it.

As a result my email address remains 'unconfirmed' - but appears to work.

Update: link is unclickable on a PC. It is clickable on an Android device, but doesn't work - no response from tvmaze.com.

david wrote a year ago: 1

Interesting, thanks for letting us know.

It sounds like Gmail is somehow mangling our email and all of these problems are a consequence of that. Because I just updated my own email address a few times using different email providers, and the confirmation link rendered just fine every time.

Could anyone else who uses Gmail perhaps try the same thing and let us know the results? You can use the plus addressing trick for this: if your email address is david@gmail.com, you can change it to e.g. david+testing@gmail.com and the email will still arrive in your inbox.

Jan wrote a year ago: 1

Hey Fenlander, there is a 'not spam' button that you can click on top of the email. (on pc)
Have you clicked it? After that, the email will be moved to your inbox, where the link in the mail will become clickable again. 

Google blocks any links in the spam box as a safety precaution.

I didn't see the 'not spam' button, but the email arrived anyway - it just wasn't working.

So: I went back in and edited the new email address to one I have at Yahoo! The change was accepted immediately without sending a verification email at all. All now appears well with my account, but I really don't understand how the system is supposed to work.

In fact, I find that it did send an email to the Yahoo address which worked perfectly (link was clickable). It's just that the address had been accepted in TVMaze before I clicked the link.

So it looks like something odd is happening with Gmail, as David suggested.

Try 30 days of free premium.