Try 30 days of free premium.

Hotel Impossible: 5-Star Secrets - Why was this show removed from the site?

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

I was looking for this show that I had added to the site "Hotel Impossible: 5-Star Secrets" and find it not only has been removed from the sites the Episodes that belong to this show were added into "Hotel Impossible" as Special Episodes in error? I can only assume someone said this is not a show and added those episodes to the other show however I have proof that this in fact is a separate show and those Episodes belong elsewhere!

Hotel Impossible: Five Star Secrets

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/hotel-impossible-five-star-secrets/listings/

Hotel Impossible: 5-Star Secrets

http://tvtango.com/series/hotel_impossible_five_star_secrets/episodes

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/network-press-releases/travel-channel-greenlights-hotel-impossible-five-stars-secrets-hotel-impossible-season-6-to-premiere-tuesday-september-1/

If you need more proof please feel free to ask?

Thank you very much for re-adding "Hotel Impossible: 5-Star Secrets" back into our Database where it does belong, Ron.

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

Travel Channel identifies them as (special) episodes of the Hotel Impossible series, not as a series of its own. Since it originates and airs the series, it would have priority over futoncritic and tvrango. For instance:

http://www.travelchannel.com/schedule.2016.11.07.EST

Although Hotel Impossible: Showdown would appear to be a separate show.

Also, at the beginning of the episodes, the host says that they're "special episodes" of Hotel Impossible. Which would make them Specials that are part of Hotel Impossible.

Gadfly wrote:
Travel Channel identifies them as (special) episodes of the Hotel Impossible series, not as a series of its own. Since it originates and airs the series, it would have priority over futoncritic and tvrango. For instance:
http://www.travelchannel.com/schedule.2016.11.07.EST
Although Hotel Impossible: Showdown would appear to be a separate show.
Also, at the beginning of the episodes, the host says that they're "special episodes" of Hotel Impossible. Which would make them Specials that are part of Hotel Impossible.

OK, I guess you not only proved futoncritic wrong once again (what's new?) but tvtago as well!

However someone needs to find the correct airtimes and dates because whoever added those episodes had 2 Special Episodes airing tomorrow, 7 November and there is only the 1 Regular episode airing tomorrow so I had to BLANK out the invalid airdates on them!

However someone needs to find the correct airtimes and dates because whoever added those episodes had 2 Special Episodes airing tomorrow, 7 November and there is only the 1 Regular episode airing tomorrow so I had to BLANK out the invalid airdates on them!

There are no correct airtimes at this time. The episodes were moved off the scheduled relatively close to air-time, and have not been rescheduled. Thus my comment above.

Either the dates are left blank until they are confirmed, or they're deleted entirely from the database. I imagine at some point the latter will happen if they never air. But there is no "correct" date on them at this time.

Gadfly wrote:
There are no correct airtimes at this time. The episodes were moved off the scheduled relatively close to air-time, and have not been rescheduled. Thus my comment above.
Either the dates are left blank until they are confirmed, or they're deleted entirely from the database. I imagine at some point the latter will happen if they never air. But there is no "correct" date on them at this time.

OK, thanks for clarifying that for me.

There are no 5-star secret episodes on the Travel Channel schedule through November. So who knows what happened? It's not the first time they've had something scheduled and then dropped it at the last minute. See also Season 7's 13th episode that disappeared off the radar right before it was supposed to air. :(

I'd say that it's safe to delete them given there's nothing on the Travel Channel schedule for them for at least the next 21 days.

As to your original question, while there's at least one Travel Channel press release that says it's a separate show...

The host introducing the show, the on-screen title card, the DVR guide, Travel Channel, and Zap2it all say that the show title of the show is Hotel Impossible. Unlike,say, Hotel Impossible: Showdown, which everyone does identify as a separate show. Go figure.

So discussion is ongoing as whether to list it as a separate show or not.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
As to your original question, while there's at least one Travel Channel press release that says it's a separate show...
The host introducing the show, the on-screen title card, the DVR guide, Travel Channel, and Zap2it all say that the show title of the show is Hotel Impossible. Unlike,say, Hotel Impossible: Showdown, which everyone does identify as a separate show. Go figure.
So discussion is ongoing as whether to list it as a separate show or not.

On-screen tops the press release :)

But the on-screen is potentially open to interpretation. :)

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
But the on-screen is potentially open to interpretation. :)

If you look deep down, everything is open to interpretation :)

Try 30 days of free premium.