Try 30 days of free premium.

House Hunters International

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

I have been working on this series for many months and as of last month I thought I had it all straight in date aired order? However when I look at it today it is in worst shape then what it was before I began to work on it. It currently is showing Season 106 but when I go down the list and look at the episode dates every season back to season 97 where I stopped looking has dates all out of sequence, with 2017 and 2016 dates all mixed in each season, what happened here, who messed this show up so badly, someone that does not know that airdate of a new episode takes preference over episode numbers? This needs a TON of work to fix and someone with a lot of time and patience and I would guess even further back than Season 97?

I was going to try and work on it but too many episodes are locked for me to get very far with this very humongous clean-up and without the proper access I can't even attempt it. Any help here to get this mess straightened out would be very much appreciated?

I don't even want to add any new upcoming episodes as it will make the clean-up even harder then it already is what a bummer!

Note whoever made this mess is too lazy to add in summaries that are very easy to find and I have been adding in summaries for months now?

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/15285/house-hunters-in...

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I have been working on this series for many months and as of last month I thought I had it all straight in date aired order? However when I look at it today it is in worst shape then what it was before I began to work on it. It currently is showing Season 106 but when I go down the list and look at the episode dates every season back to season 97 where I stopped looking has dates all out of sequence, with 2017 and 2016 dates all mixed in each season, what happened here, who messed this show up so badly, someone that does not know that airdate of a new episode takes preference over episode numbers? This needs a TON of work to fix and someone with a lot of time and patience and I would guess even further back than Season 97?
I was going to try and work on it but too many episodes are locked for me to get very far with this very humongous clean-up and without the proper access I can't even attempt it. Any help here to get this mess straightened out would be very much appreciated?
I don't even want to add any new upcoming episodes as it will make the clean-up even harder then it already is what a bummer!

The problem with that show is, the seasons overlap with each other (airdate wise), if you look at the official website. The way we have it now is closest to being correct.

JuanArango wrote:
The problem with that show is, the seasons overlap with each other (airdate wise), if you look at the official website. The way we have it now is closest to being correct.

I have looked at it and I understand that they list their Episode numbers all over the place and out of order however that does not mean anything when we always goo by the date an episode aired. So the dates should not be messed up whatever their episode numbers are should not mean a thing (except that maybe they are screwed up in the head a little doing it that way)!

I want to get this fixed in date order as it is now it looks like a kindergarten kid did it it's a Blasted Mess and does not make the site look very good at all!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I have looked at it and I understand that they list their Episode numbers all over the place and out of order however that does not mean anything when we always goo by the date an episode aired. So the dates should not be messed up whatever their episode numbers are should not mean a thing (except that maybe they are screwed up in the head a little doing it that way)!
I want to get this fixed in date order as it is now it looks like a kindergarten kid did it it's a Blasted Mess and does not make the site look very good at all!

But it is exactly what the official listing is.
They seem to shoot several themed seasons and then are showing several themed seasons at the same time.

JuanArango wrote:
But it is exactly what the official listing is.
They seem to shoot several themed seasons and then are showing several themed seasons at the same time.

OK let me try this one more time.

Do you agree the 16 October 2016 is a date prior to 7 February 2017? If so then it should look like this

2. - 7 Feb 2017

1. - 16 Oct. 2016

but the dates are not by the date the episodes aired so I have no clue what you are saying? Out of date order is out of date order regardless of when it was shot/taped or it's HGTV Episode # it's the date it first aired on TV do you understand me now?

Maybe this will help? In what country in the world does 26 January 2017 fall on any calander before October 10, 2016? - None

Oct 10, 2016

Beach Bar in Paradise

 Unwatched Watched Acquired Skipped

Jan 26, 2017

Making the Grade in Milan, Italy

Sep 28, 2016

French Cuisine in Angouleme

This means Episode 2 is out or airdate order and if you disagree then I can't explain it to you?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
OK let me try this one more time.
Do you agree the 16 October 2016 is a date prior to 7 February 2017? If so then it should look like this
2. - 7 Feb 2017
1. - 16 Oct. 2016
but the dates are not by the date the episodes aired so I have no clue what you are saying? Out of date order is out of date order regardless of when it was shot/taped or it's HGTV Episode # it's the date it first aired on TV do you understand me now?
Maybe this will help? In what country in the world does 26 January 2017 fall on any calander before October 10, 2016? - None
Oct 10, 2016
Beach Bar in Paradise
Jan 26, 2017
Making the Grade in Milan, Italy
Sep 28, 2016
French Cuisine in Angouleme
This means Episode 2 is out or airdate order and if you disagree then I can't explain it to you?

Hmm ok, I think the only way we can work thru this, if you write down a list with seasons, episode numbers and airdates and i will correct everything according to this.
Then I will write a show wiki.

Does this sound ok?

JuanArango wrote:
Hmm ok, I think the only way we can work thru this, if you write down a list with seasons, episode numbers and airdates and i will correct everything according to this.
Then I will write a show wiki.
Does this sound ok?

That would be a huge waste of time. How hard is it to make sure episodes are in date order anyways?

1 Jan

2 Jan

3 Jan

4 Jan

5 Jan

10 Jan

13 Jan

Why do I need to do that?

Yes I could scroll up and down and up and down and look for the next date that comes next on a calendar and put the title and do this:

John went to California to find a Home - 3 Jan 2016

Martha & Ed want a new Home - 10 Jan 2016

This would take days to scroll up and down and up and down to find the next date on a calendar that has an episode on it.

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Yes I could scroll up and down and up and down and look for the next date that comes next on a calendar and put the title and do this:
John went to California to find a Home - 3 Jan 2016
Martha & Ed want a new Home - 10 Jan 2016
This would take days to scroll up and down and up and down to find the next date on a calendar that has an episode on it.

Well, what other solution do we have, I am open for everything. Before we had a season 94 with 125 episodes which was as a wrong as what we have now it seems.

JuanArango wrote:
Well, what other solution do we have, I am open for everything. Before we had a season 94 with 125 episodes which was as a wrong as what we have now it seems.

This is very true and as far as what Season # they should be I think it does not matter here because it is such a mess. Now we could maybe get the Season #'s to work after the airdates are in order but until then it's a moot point!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
This is very true and as far as what Season # they should be I think it does not matter here because it is such a mess. Now we could maybe get the Season #'s to work after the airdates are in order but until then it's a moot point!

I will take a look at this tomorrow, if the official website gives me enough information to sort this all out.

JuanArango wrote:
I will take a look at this tomorrow, if the official website gives me enough information to sort this all out.

If it doesn't than I think our best bet is to just fix the last 10 or so episodes and let all the other seasons stay wrong forever?

I know that's a cop out answer but what else can we do?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
If it doesn't than I think our best bet is to just fix the last 10 or so episodes and let all the other seasons stay wrong forever?
I know that's a cop out answer but what else can we do?

yeh, if it is impossible I will fix at least the current season :)

Ok, the last two seasons 103 and 104 should be correct now, the only place that has data that makes sesne is tvguide, the official home page is messed up insanely.

If I ever have the spare time, i will correct them all, tvguide seems to be pretty accurate with this show.

JuanArango wrote:
Ok, the last two seasons 103 and 104 should be correct now, the only place that has data that makes sesne is tvguide, the official home page is messed up insanely.
If I ever have the spare time, i will correct them all, tvguide seems to be pretty accurate with this show.

Great Job and that's fantastic that you found a better place!

Try 30 days of free premium.