Try 30 days of free premium.

Filling in Actor Names

Gadfly wrote 6 years ago: 1

Right now, if you enter an actor for an episode, it automatically fills in the character name that has been used with that actor on the same show. Assuming that there's only one character that actor has played.

Having something that does the reverse, and fills in the actor if that character has only been played by that actor, would be helpful.

For instance, I'm watching iZombie and there's minor characters from previous episodes. I don't remember the actor names... but if I put in the character name then the actor would just pop in and hey, there's an entry. As opposed to waiting until the end and sorting through all the end-credit co-stars. Plus usually the character name is shorter than the actor name, so it would save some typing.

No big deal, just something to think about.

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

Usually when a character has played in more than one role, the auutofill will not work. (At least if credited for two different roles in that show on tvmaze)

I'm not sure what that means. What is a "role", and how is different from a "character"?

I was only talking about filling in actors, no roles.

If by character you mean actor, and by role you mean character, then yep, I noted that in my first paragraph.

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

Sorry, read it wrong ;)

No problem. :)

But sure, a character might have two different actors play him. Just like an actor might play two different characters. The latter doesn't seem to be a strong enough reason to eliminate the fill-in function for actor-characters. So why should it impact character-actors?

Try 30 days of free premium.