Try 30 days of free premium.

Request forms for Networks and Web Channels

porshipman wrote 8 years ago: 1

With the success of the Request Tool for shows in mind it might be a good idea to develop and implement similar tools for Networks and Web Channels. And perhaps even think about a Tool to handle Edit requests, although that may be tricky because of the varied nature of the edit requests.

It will certainly make things easier for the guys adding all the stuff that is being requested. And the people asking for things will know where to go and see what has happened to their requests. It saves us all from checking 15+ pages in the Forums as well

A small suggestion : On the Page Rejected in the Request Tool for Shows perhaps a column could be added: "Reason for rejection". This may help with other requests.(Please ignore this, see below)

Cheers and keep at it ;)

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

porshipman wrote:
With the success of the Request Tool for shows in mind it might be a good iudea to developo and implement similar tools for Netroks and WebChannels. And perhaps even think about a Tool to handle Edit requests, although that may be tricky because of the vired nature of the edit requests.
It will certainly make things easier for the guys adding all the stuff that is requested aqnd the people asking for things will know where to go and will see what has happened to their requests.
A small suggestion : On the Page Rejected perhaps a column could be added: Reason for rejection. This way we will know the why as well.

Cheers and keep at it ;)

I am not entirely sure this would be useful for networks as we usually add the networks when someone request a show and you always could request a network to be added if it's not there together with the show.

but I can tell you that we do have a comment section where we explain why it was rejected.

You might want to check it out

http://www.tvmaze.com/request/view?id=417 - Check note from handler.

What set me to the post above was the 5 posts I noticed about a single request for a network to be added ... Since the one form is already here I thought it might be a reasonably easy idea to implement and streamline things.

The Comment section you refer to is not visible to me as a normal member. I suspect it is visible to trusted contributors though.

And I can't stress enough the point that people want their info at hand, not one or more clicks away. Whether there is sufficient interest in this particular info I do not know. But as a general design principle you might keep this in the back of your mind. (Or on a Post-It on your screen :) )

porshipman wrote:
What set me to the post above was the 5 posts I noticed about a single request for a network to be added ... Since the one form is already here I thought it might be a reasonably easy idea to implement and streamline things.
The Comment section you refer to is not visible to me as a normal member. I suspect it is visible to trusted contributors though.
And I can't stress enough the point that people want their info at hand, not one or more clicks away. Whether there is sufficient interest in this particular info I do not know. But as a general design principle you might keep this in the back of your mind. (Or on a Post-It on your screen :) )

I just think it is not worth adding a request section for networks or web channels as the amount of channels is very limited compared to shows of course, although we do not mind adding them if someone requests them here in our forum and we have already a huge number of them.

I am pretty sure this must be visible by normal members as I have seen plenty of users re-adding these shows in our request section with more information than we could find before. Have you clicked a series in the rejected show list, there should be a 'note from a handler' included if it is filled. Perhaps the link doesn't just work for you, but according to David, it should be visible for you all.

If you click Rejected to the left of the show name in http://www.tvmaze.com/request/rejected you get the info, not obvious but I have to admit, it's there allright :)

Just a reminder this is the SUGGESTIONS section, so that's what I add here. A suggestion, reasonably motivated (in my not so humble opinion) so please accept it as one. Do not give in to the natural tendency to resist all change and shoot down all initiatives, please.

It was not a response to shoot it down, but networks are easily and quickly added to our database and this does not require as much work as it does with tv series, even the number of networks are very limited compared the number of tv series. The request tool for series was made primarily for us to make it easier to add shows and to organize them, so we would not miss any requested show as we were exploding after TVrage went offline.

However there's no problem in requesting such a tool, but I think it won't be that important as tv series and would suit well in our forum for now as the series request was too, so far I have seen a very few asking about missing networks to add and most that did miss them asked them to be added together with the series that was airing on them.

Of course this is my opinion. That does not mean it is turned down as Juan, Jan, David or anyone else can still like your idea and approve it :)

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

porshipman wrote:
If you click Rejected to the left of the show name in http://www.tvmaze.com/request/rejected you get the info, not obvious but I have to admit, it's there allright :)
Just a reminder this is the SUGGESTIONS section, so that's what I add here. A suggestion, reasonably motivated (in my not so humble opinion) so please accept it as one. Do not give in to the natural tendency to resist all change and shoot down all initiatives, please.

I would be fine with such a tool, only thing I say, right now with the huge workload it will not be on top of the priority list :)

cheers
Juan

Try 30 days of free premium.