Try 30 days of free premium.

Walking dead main cast vs guest

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Changed everything according to the AMC official page :)

cheers
Juan

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

I've heard both sides on the "Also Starring" thing. From "If they're starring, they're starring so they must be main cast", to "Well, if the SAG wanted them listed as Main Cast, they'd be listed as main cast. So they must not be main cast."

If you want to add to the list of cast types along with Uncredited, you could add Starring. Not only is that useful for situations like this, but there are anthology shows where the actors are actually listed as "Starring." The original Twilight Zone comes to mind.

Morning_Star wrote 8 years ago: 1

My inclination was to put them under a Starring guest credit because, yeah, if they wanted to, they'd just put them in the opening credit sequence. There must be a technical reason that justifies the placement. It is a very tangled mess, though. I sincerely don't understand why they don't make any distinction in the guest listing like just like every other show that does this. It just says Also Starring and then lumps all the names, like putting those of what I've been told are regulars on the bookends of the normal guest stars. How is anyone to tell? Because I'm kind of an onscreen purist and just go by what's, well, on screen. That trumps any other source for me. But whatever. I have no energy to fight the issue anymore.

Morning_Star wrote:
My inclination was to put them under a Starring guest credit because, yeah, if they wanted to, they'd just put them in the opening credit sequence. There must be a technical reason that justifies the placement. It is a very tangled mess, though. I sincerely don't understand why they don't make any distinction in the guest listing like just like every other show that does this. It just says Also Starring and then lumps all the names, like putting those of what I've been told are regulars on the bookends of the normal guest stars. How is anyone to tell? Because I'm kind of an onscreen purist and just go by what's, well, on screen. That trumps any other source for me. But whatever. I have no energy to fight the issue anymore.

Yes, AMC is really making a mess there, we decided to go with the official AMC site, there all "Also starring" actors are listed under main cast.

This is what we will do here now too, or better said, I already changed it to this :)

cheers
Juan

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

Morning_Star wrote:
How is anyone to tell? Because I'm kind of an onscreen purist and just go by what's, well, on screen. That trumps any other source for me. But whatever. I have no energy to fight the issue anymore.

I suspect most viewers don't care. :)

Sorry I made a typo in my previous post, we GO with the AMC site now

and list all they have as main cast :)

haha, too many beers
Juan

Try 30 days of free premium.