Try 30 days of free premium.

Tash's Kitchen ~ Sunday Dinner

tash845 wrote a year ago: 2

I absolutely love roast chicken. Today, I did some experimenting in the kitchen and made a great meal. I forgot to defrost my skinless/boneless chicken breasts … no problem they defrosted beautifully as they cooked and came out juicy and tender. In a small bowl I put in: plain bread crumbs, kosher salt, paprika, Herbs de Provence, tarragon, parsley flakes and mixed it all together. I rolled the two chicken breasts in the dry rub and then put them in a pan which had extra virgin olive oil and mirin (a type of rice wine with a lovely sweet taste, great on strawberries, yum) and then put it in the oven, coating each chicken breast with the olive oil/mirin mixture with a cooking brush. I roasted it @350 degrees, did not preheat it and it cooked for about 50 minutes. As it was cooking I could smell the mirin, and I basted it twice, the sauce thickened and the chicken browned; there were tasty bits in the pan. Any vegetable or pasta is delicious on the side such as: potatoes, pastina, orzo, sweet potatoes, green beans, whatever you like. I slice up the chicken breasts (they look so nice when sliced) on a platter. 

Try 30 days of free premium.