Try 30 days of free premium.

Jeopardy!/Celebrity Jeopardy!/Jeopardy! Masters cast

Magitroopa wrote 11 months ago: 1

Never asked regarding Jeopardy! and its spinoffs' cast listing, so figured I'd ask now. The things I'm mainly not sure about us the guest cast/contestants:

1. How should contestants be listed? Currently for both Celebrity Jeopardy! they are listed under guest cast, while for Jeopardy! Masters they are listed as main cast. Maybe one of these should be the standard, or possibly being different like this is correct, as Celebrity had 27 contestants throught the season, while Masters has just the same 6 contestants.

2. How should be guest clue presenters be listed? Currently for both Celebrity and Masters, they are listed under guest cast. Is this correct, or should they be listed as special guest stars?

Also noting that all of these shows only list crew in the credits- so its likely up to TVmaze as to what would be considered main cast vs. guest star vs. special guest star in regards to these shows.

TomSouthwell wrote 11 months ago: 1

@Magitroopa wrote:
Never asked regarding Jeopardy! and its spinoffs' cast listing, so figured I'd ask now. The things I'm mainly not sure about us the guest cast/contestants:

1. How should contestants be listed? Currently for both Celebrity Jeopardy! they are listed under guest cast, while for Jeopardy! Masters they are listed as main cast. Maybe one of these should be the standard, or possibly being different like this is correct, as Celebrity had 27 contestants throught the season, while Masters has just the same 6 contestants.

2. How should be guest clue presenters be listed? Currently for both Celebrity and Masters, they are listed under guest cast. Is this correct, or should they be listed as special guest stars?

Also noting that all of these shows only list crew in the credits- so its likely up to TVmaze as to what would be considered main cast vs. guest star vs. special guest star in regards to these shows.

1. Contestants really aren't listed as standard on any game show especially since they appear maybe in one episode across thousands. If we add them they should definately be guest stars. If they aren't credited at all they should be uncredited, as per the data policies we do have. 

2. Guest presenters would just be guests as the name suggests. The terminology used though needs looking at as here we have a Host and a Presenter - https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/2499850/jeopardy-2023-05-05-returning-champion-vs-ashwin-phadnis-vs-brian-alzua-show-8800

Also just looking at the character page unless the role used is specifically 'Guest Host' then any person appearing as 'Host' should be credited as such. 

1. Contestants really aren't listed as standard on any game show especially since they appear maybe in one episode across thousands. If we add them they should definately be guest stars. If they aren't credited at all they should be uncredited, as per the data policies we do have.

They are 'credited' in the show's intro, but not in the end credits or anything. Example

And no, I don't think every single contestant should be getting added to every single episode, but the notable ones such at Matt Amodio, Ken Jennings, etc. that are appearing on other shows such as Jeopardy! Masters and Celebrity Jeopardy! should be fine to be added on. However, for this, I was mainly asking regarding Masters which has the same 6 contestants competing, and Celebrity which has 27 celebrity contestants competing.

2. Guest presenters would just be guests as the name suggests. The terminology used though needs looking at as here we have a Host and a Presenter

I understand this issue referring 'host'/'presenter', but honestly, 'Clue Presenter' is one of the best terms for this. They aren't exactly 'credited', but they should be listed on the episode somehow (see here, for the example episode you linked). Only other thing I can think of would be 'Clue Giver' (taking a look, that's actually the term they use on IMDb- for example...)

Also just looking at the character page unless the role used is specifically 'Guest Host' then any person appearing as 'Host' should be credited as such.

I assume you're referring to the main show? If so, it should all be correct as it currently is. All the guest hosts from January 11, 2021 to August 13, 2021 are correctly listed as such. (See here, for an example of them being introduced/announced as guest host)

@Magitroopa wrote:
They are 'credited' in the show's intro, but not in the end credits or anything. Example

And no, I don't think every single contestant should be getting added to every single episode, but the notable ones such at Matt Amodio, Ken Jennings, etc. that are appearing on other shows such as Jeopardy! Masters and Celebrity Jeopardy! should be fine to be added on. However, for this, I was mainly asking regarding Masters which has the same 6 contestants competing, and Celebrity which has 27 celebrity contestants competing.

Well I'm saying we either credit or don't credit across the board. How would you know if a contestant is then going to go onto appear on another show. What you're showing me their is a credit, so they would need to be added. 

Any contestant on any reality/game show is added as guest cast, not as a star unless you have official evidence that suggests otherwise. 

I understand this issue referring 'host'/'presenter', but honestly, 'Clue Presenter' is one of the best terms for this. They aren't exactly 'credited', but they should be listed on the episode somehow (see here, for the example episode you linked). Only other thing I can think of would be 'Clue Giver' (taking a look, that's actually the term they use on IMDb- for example...)

We wouldn't create a term - we follow on screen, here she isn't credited so would be appearing as herself uncredited. 

I assume you're referring to the main show? If so, it should all be correct as it currently is. All the guest hosts from January 11, 2021 to August 13, 2021 are correctly listed as such. (See here, for an example of them being introduced/announced as guest host)

Katie's not credited and the role 'Guest Host' isn't featured anywhere in the clip you've shared, so if she's appearing as 'Host' of the show that's the credit. She is a guest so she's added as a guest star, if not youre sharing the same piece of information twice, which is something we don't do according to the sites data policies. 

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Well I'm saying we either credit or don't credit across the board. How would you know if a contestant is then going to go onto appear on another show. What you're showing me their is a credit, so they would need to be added. 

Any contestant on any reality/game show is added as guest cast, not as a star unless you have official evidence that suggests otherwise. 

Well personally, I'll stick with adding/creating the notable ones that later appear in other shows. Others can feel free to create whatever other contestants that have appeared on the show, but that will likely take a few years to get done.

Could the six contestants (Amy, Matt, Mattea, Andrew, Sam, and James) please be moved to guest cast for Jeopardy! Masters then?

We wouldn't create a term - we follow on screen, here she isn't credited so would be appearing as herself uncredited.

Okay, I'll change that then.

Katie's not credited and the role 'Guest Host' isn't featured anywhere in the clip you've shared, so if she's appearing as 'Host' of the show that's the credit. She is a guest so she's added as a guest star, if not youre sharing the same piece of information twice, which is something we don't do according to the sites data policies.

I've now fixed that for the main show.

@Magitroopa wrote:
Well personally, I'll stick with adding/creating the notable ones that later appear in other shows. Others can feel free to create whatever other contestants that have appeared on the show, but that will likely take a few years to get done.

Could the six contestants (Amy, Matt, Mattea, Andrew, Sam, and James) please be moved to guest cast for Jeopardy! Masters then?

Okay, I'll change that then.

I've now fixed that for the main show.

Done and thanks :)

Try 30 days of free premium.