Try 30 days of free premium.

Average rating of the episode goes down instead of up (or staying same)

Gevorg89 wrote a year ago: 1

I open episode list - voting is, say, 8.2. I vote 10 stars, open episode page - rating becomes 7.6. I remove my vote - rating goes more down - 7.4. I reinstate my vote - again 7.8. Currently watching Iron Fist S1 and Hudson & Rex S3 and noticed it there during last couple of days.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@Gevorg89 wrote:
I open episode list - voting is, say, 8.2. I vote 10 stars, open episode page - rating becomes 7.6. I remove my vote - rating goes more down - 7.4. I reinstate my vote - again 7.8. Currently watching Iron Fist S1 and Hudson & Rex S3 and noticed it there during last couple of days.

can it be that someone else is voting on it too?

@JuanArango wrote:
can it be that someone else is voting on it too?

15 voters, I voted - 16 voters and rating goes down despite rating 10. Did it just now on Hudson & Rex 3x09

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@Gevorg89 wrote:
15 voters, I voted - 16 voters and rating goes down despite rating 10. Did it just now on Hudson & Rex 3x09

I went to the episode, it is 7.6, I voted 10 and it went up to 7.8, then I deleted my vote again and it went back to 7.6.

Worked exactly as it should be.

@JuanArango wrote:
I went to the episode, it is 7.6, I voted 10 and it went up to 7.8, then I deleted my vote again and it went back to 7.6.

Worked exactly as it should be.

I made a video of me voting for an episode. Maybe it'll help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F-ekoR9LJ1uuEjvPuJbyHApt_5uQ6_Kw/view?usp=drivesdk

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 3

@Gevorg89 wrote:
I made a video of me voting for an episode. Maybe it'll help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F-ekoR9LJ1uuEjvPuJbyHApt_5uQ6_Kw/view?usp=drivesdk

this looks very weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird, @david needs to take a look at the video :)

david wrote a year ago: 5

Thanks for paying attention and reporting this odd bug!

The cause here is the recent batch of people importing their data from ShareTV. For performance reasons, the importer doesn't automatically recalculate the vote average for all these imported votes.

I triggered a manual resync now and will do so again periodically for as long as people are actively migrating.

Try 30 days of free premium.