Try 30 days of free premium.

Networks & Web Channels missing or need fixing?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I think that might be a bit difficult as there are quite many channels with the same name across the world like RTL for example. Several channels do have the exact same channel abroad, but having their own management, creating their own specific series et cetera, so how would you be able to implement this? :P

I'm not really a computer geek, so I basically can't answer you :P

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

GREAT Question Thomas first off let me same I proably know even less than you do about this kind of stuff. Now something I failed to mention originally because I know of many, many duplicated channels around the world in other countries that the function would have to key of U.S. or United States to not allow duplicates or whatever country is in question?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

US Channels that do have subsidiaries in other countries like HBO, but showing the exact same shows as their Mother company does, is not worth adding to me, but as I mentioned with RTL before, they have their own subsidiaries, creating loads of series that will be only aired on their channel, so I could imagine a small problem to implement this system.

Once again my ignorance e may be showing but what difference does all that make if the Network/Channel in question airs only in the U.S. regardless or being affiliated with or whatever the site should keep if of Network Name - American Heroes Channel & Country it airs in - United States?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

I will remove the duplicate now, why it can be added a second time david needs to answer :)

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Please remove one of these duplicates and also ask the programmer if they can put a fix or a program in the system to not allow Networks or Web Channels to be added into the site more than 1 time each please?

This is already the case: you can't add two networks with the same name and country. So the duplicate network probably had a different country, or a slightly different spelling?

There is a Network channel that is on the Networks page 2 times "American Heroes Channel" is on Page 3 and it also appears on Page 4. It looks identical as far as the spelling and all so I'm not sure why the site allowed it to be added a second time? I look at each Network separately and the Summary is almost identical on both except 1 of them has 2 additional lines of information on it.
Please remove one of these duplicates and also ask the programmer if they can put a fix or a program in the system to not allow Networks or Web Channels to be added into the site more than 1 time each please?

There are 2 channels indeed of American Heroes Channel, but you should check the channels before you create one Ron. You created AHC on the 17th of June, while I had already made one for you on the 12th of June, so please be a bit cautious with uploading that.
So far only David, Jan or Juan can delete it ;)

Be a bit cautious with uploading that? It was NOT my fault as the site/system should not have allowed it to be entered a 2nd time. As I said before both were showing airing in the United States and both were spelled identically therefore the so-called stop gap in place failed to do it's job properly and not allow the 2nd submission to process!

This is already the case: you can't add two networks with the same name and country. So the duplicate network probably had a different country, or a slightly different spelling?

David did you fully read my 1st comment I placed in this thread on this subject or not? It was NOT my fault as the site/system should not have allowed it to be entered a 2nd time. As I said before both were showing airing in the United States and both were spelled identically therefore the so-called stop gap in place failed to do it's job properly and not allow the 2nd submission to process!

So what is the excuse that the site allowed this ERROR to happen?

This is simply not possible :) Just try to add a new network with "American Heroes Channel" as name and "United States" as country. You'll get an error message stating "This network already exists".

This is simply not possible :) Just try to add a new network with "American Heroes Channel" as name and "United States" as country. You'll get an error message stating "This network already exists".

It may not be possible today but how do you explain away that it did happen before?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Maybe one of the networks had an extra space in between or at the end :)

cheers
Juan

I guess we will never know now since it no longer exists but thanks for your comment Juan!

Maybe one of the networks had an extra space in between or at the end :)
cheers
Juan

Something like this :) I went ahead and checked the edit logs; the old network's name had a weird character in its name, which means it was not considered a duplicate.

OK thanks for the info David, great job! Maybe I will give you a nick name of "Dick Tracy" if that is okay with you?

=)

(Closing this now; anyone reading this can use the Edit Requests thread in the future)

Try 30 days of free premium.