Try 30 days of free premium.

Crew API endpoint/embed

StreamBoat wrote 8 years ago: 1

Looks like there's currently no way to obtain the crew for a show anywhere. The only reference seems to be for querying crew credits for a person, but obviously that doesn't work since we don't know who the people are we need to query ;-).

Once the endpoint is in place, I presume it's trivial to add it as an embed, which would also be appreciated.

This looks to me like the only major hole in the API currently, thanks for all your work!

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thanks for the suggestion!

I think you're the first to suggest adding crew info to the API. We're open to adding this; the more demand for it the more priority it'll get. :)

StreamBoat wrote 8 years ago: 1

I understand how that goes ;-).

Digging a little deeper, it also looks like there's no way to fetch/embed the cast/crew/guest-cast/guest-crew for episodes either, so the data I'm particularly interested in still wouldn't be available at show-level if crew was exposed there - I'd *really* like to be able to link directors, and especially writers, for discovery.

While I'm throwing requests around, it'd be nice to allow externals for people as well as shows - being able to link actors to their IMDB ID would be great for cross-linking them to their movie appearances, for example. Of course, barring any automated method of populating that, it would require editors to do the cross-linking, so not immediately beneficial.

I've written a simple golang wrapper for the API that I'll publish after a little testing.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Same thing goes for episode-level credits, we're open to it if there is enough interest. :)

I don't know if we'd add externals for people though; there's so much of them in our database already that I don't know if we could ever catch up with populating them.

Try 30 days of free premium.