Try 30 days of free premium.

Add ability to choose premier year for older shows

vBm wrote 8 years ago: 1

At the moment when we want to edit some show, we can choose 2016, 2017 and 2018 as premier years. Would be much better if we could just get ability to choose the date on our own when editing older shows.

Example:

Wanted to edit iZombie's season 1 so i could set premier year to 2015 but couldn't.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Not really a relevant option as episodes will tell you their starting date. This option was primarily meant to provide information on when a series is expected to return or begin when no official date has been given.

However I don't think it would be too hard to implement.

Maybe it's not relevant for you but for me and rest of the users that would like to have as much information as possible on page in question.

While you're right that episodes will tell us starting date, that info is NOT exposed on Seasons page, thus that's the reason why i've asked for it.

Edit:

Funny enough info about starting and ending date is present on API via info that's provided for start/end date on episodes

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

This is a nice to have option I think, in case david or jan have some time to do this in the future I would like to see it.

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I agree, there are many older shows that episode data is hard to find for but we still know the premier year.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

vBm wrote:
At the moment when we want to edit some show, we can choose 2016, 2017 and 2018 as premier years. Would be much better if we could just get ability to choose the date on our own when editing older shows.
Example:
Wanted to edit iZombie's season 1 so i could set premier year to 2015 but couldn't.

This feature is only intended for future seasons. For seasons that have already aired the premiere year can be deduced from the episode airdates. You can see this here for example: http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/1589/izombie/seasons (the 2015-2015).

I'll get this info added to the season page as well, and I'll clarify that "premiere year" is only to be used for future dates.

david wrote:
This feature is only intended for future seasons. For seasons that have already aired the premiere year can be deduced from the episode airdates. You can see this here for example: http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/1589/izombie/seasons (the 2015-2015).
I'll get this info added to the season page as well, and I'll clarify that "premiere year" is only to be used for future dates.

Sounds good, thanks for clarification.

Try 30 days of free premium.