Try 30 days of free premium.

iCal URL and Google Calender

Stelth wrote 7 years ago: 1

Hi

I was just wondering on how exactly i can add my API feed to a Google Calendar, what i tried is to save my ical url to a ical file and import this to my Google Calendar, but it does not seem to be "live" or update the feed. So in short how to do this? when i use the same feed in Thunderbird, i see that the feed is updated, but not in Google Calenda

Or even better if possible, can i somehow use the API feed directly in my mail client "eM Client"?

eherberg wrote 7 years ago: 1

If you add by URL the ical feed (instead of saving and importing), you get the updated feed. Of course - this means deleting and altering any entries are not possible as with the static "offline" feed.

Thank you for replying, my question then would be, how exactly do i get to add the API url directly into a new google calendar so that i get an "online feed"?

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

Stelth wrote:
Thank you for replying, my question then would be, how exactly do i get to add the API url directly into a new google calendar so that i get an "online feed"?

On the main page of Google Calendar (the one which shows all of the items) look for 'Other Calendars' on the left hand side (below the dates & My Calendars).

Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the text and you should see an option saying Add By URL.

You can then just paste the URL in.

gazza911 wrote:
On the main page of Google Calendar (the one which shows all of the items) look for 'Other Calendars' on the left hand side (below the dates & My Calendars).
Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the text and you should see an option saying Add By URL.
You can then just paste the URL in.

Absolutly superb, thank you so much :)

Try 30 days of free premium.