Try 30 days of free premium.

iCal and FastMail

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

Is anyone else using iCal in the FastMail calendar? When I subscribe to the TVmaze in FastMail, it doesn't appear to be converting the UTC times to America/New_York in my calendar. I haven't had any trouble with calendars/times from Webcal.fi, they also express start/end times in UTC and convert just fine. I'm just not sure if this is an issue on FastMail's end or TVmaze's end.

I've subscribed to the calendar in Thunderbird/Lightning, and that appears to be converting the times correctly.

david wrote 6 years ago: 1

Looks like they are interpreting the standard very strictly then silently ignoring any errors causing an inconsistent output, but this may actually be our fault. I'll see if we can get our library to behave better.

david wrote 6 years ago: 1

Try now! And let me know whether other iCal clients are behaving better or worse after this change.

david wrote:
Try now! And let me know whether other iCal clients are behaving better or worse after this change.

FastMail is showing the times correctly, thanks! Will let you know how Thunderbird fares when I get back to my home PC.

...and Thunderbird/Lightning is good!

Try 30 days of free premium.