Try 30 days of free premium.

2 or More Episodes airing on the same Network on the same Day?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Today I have fixed another large batch of Show episodes on Shows airing more than 1 Episode on the same Network on the same day. This is getting very tiring cleaning up after someone's mess because they are not paying attention to what they are doing! One New member 6 episodes corrected, another new member 12 episodes corrected, one Staff member 7 episodes corrected (possibly from an automatic download and not rechecking after download/upload has completed?).

I do not know how many more times I must stress the importance of looking at airtimes.

Please do not REMOVE this thread as the last 2 I made were removed and if you continue to remove them how our members going to know that this problem exists?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Today I have fixed another large batch of Show episodes on Shows airing more than 1 Episode on the same Network on the same day. This is getting very tiring cleaning up after someone's mess because they are not paying attention to what they are doing! One New member 6 episodes corrected, another new member 12 episodes corrected, one Staff member 7 episodes corrected (possibly from an automatic download and not rechecking after download/upload has completed?).
I do not know how many more times I must stress the importance of looking at airtimes.
Please do not REMOVE this thread as the last 2 I made were removed and if you continue to remove them how our members going to know that this problem exists?

Ron,

with an importer tool this happens, because both episodes that will air on the same day will likely have the same airtime set, there is nothing we can do about that right now.

If I import a show with for example 200 episodes, it is not possible for me to check if maybe there are two episodes that have the same airtime set.

With the workload right now, this is low priority, especially for episodes that already have aired.

For the new episodes, the schedule is a huge help to spot those mistakes and manually update the wrong airtimes.

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:
Ron,
with an importer tool this happens, because both episodes that will air on the same day will likely have the same airtime set, there is nothing we can do about that right now.
If I import a show with for example 200 episodes, it is not possible for me to check if maybe there are two episodes that have the same airtime set.
With the workload right now, this is low priority, especially for episodes that already have aired.
For the new episodes, the schedule is a huge help to spot those mistakes and manually update the wrong airtimes.
cheers
Juan

I know/realize that the importer has flaws in it. However does it really take that much time to look at the episode list and see if there are more than 1 episode airing on the same day? This would mean that if it airs 2 episodes on a given date that the airtime on every other episode would have to be manually fixed is all it would take? Its' not that aweful time consuming believe I know as I have been correcting these things left and right the last couple of weeks. I'm just tired of fixing other members mistakes or becasue they don't want to take a few extra minutes to look and fix themselves.

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I know/realize that the importer has flaws in it. However does it really take that much time to look at the episode list and see if there are more than 1 episode airing on the same day? This would mean that if it airs 2 episodes on a given date that the airtime on every other episode would have to be manually fixed is all it would take? Its' not that aweful time consuming believe I know as I have been correcting these things left and right the last couple of weeks. I'm just tired of fixing other members mistakes or becasue they don't want to take a few extra minutes to look and fix themselves.

If you add like 30 shows a day with many , many seasons and if you also do lots of other work here, updating just aired scripted shows with screencaps, guest stars , guest crew, if you also add new and upcoming eps without an importer....this all takes a lot of time and effort and I am gladly doing it because I enjoy it, but I have to set priorities and looking thru a show with maybe 150 episodes if maybe somewhere two episodes air at the same day, is of low priority to me.

It is especially of low priority for me because one can easily see if there are conflicts if one looks at the schedule, this is a much faster and easier way compared to look thru hundreds of episodes :)

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yeah. Jaguardog, I'm very happy that you frequently catch and fix any errors in the episode airtimes. But I can also understand that this is not of the highest priority to everyone, since the schedule is the only page on the site where episode airtimes are shown/used. If you don't use the schedule, you could visit TVmaze all day long and be blissfully unaware of any scheduling conflicts.

JuanArango wrote:
If you add like 30 shows a day with many , many seasons and if you also do lots of other work here, updating just aired scripted shows with screencaps, guest stars , guest crew, if you also add new and upcoming eps without an importer....this all takes a lot of time and effort and I am gladly doing it because I enjoy it, but I have to set priorities and looking thru a show with maybe 150 episodes if maybe somewhere two episodes air at the same day, is of low priority to me.
It is especially of low priority for me because one can easily see if there are conflicts if one looks at the schedule, this is a much faster and easier way compared to look thru hundreds of episodes :)
cheers
Juan

Juan, I not saying all episodes of all season only Episodes scheduled to air from today forward (in the future) because those episodes that have already aired are in the past and no one any longer cares about those and they no longer effect the schedules!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Juan, I not saying all episodes of all season only Episodes scheduled to air from today forward (in the future) because those episodes that have already aired are in the past and no one any longer cares about those and they no longer effect the schedules!

Even that hold me off too long right now, we still have list of about 300 shows to add and another user will post a list of 350 shows soon :)

So the easiest way is to check the schedule and fix it there, believe me Ron :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:
Even that hold me off too long right now, we still have list of about 300 shows to add and another user will post a list of 350 shows soon :)
So the easiest way is to check the schedule and fix it there, believe me Ron :)
cheers
Juan

I believe you about those members with 300+ shows list, its' too bad you guys can't set a weekly limit of say 100 per member so you have a chance to breath and catch up?

Try 30 days of free premium.