Try 30 days of free premium.

America's Got Talent: The Champions

Aidan wrote 5 years ago: 1

Any thoughts on what to do with this ?

We have it listed as a separate show, but on NBC.com it's being listed as a continuation of the regular AGT season 13

Have they done any press releases specifically stating it's a separate show ?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Well, the official description calls it "The all-new winter edition of TV’s #1 alternative series."

IMO it's an awkward decision on NBC's part to list it along the already ended competition. They've had a separate site at first.

Yeah, wish they'd at least do a separate season for it.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

if we got no press release i think we have to follow the official website listing :O

Looking around a bit the whole thing is a mess.

TVGuide is calling it season 14, zap2it is doing season 13, same as nbc.com, and futoncitic have it as a separate show..

Aidan wrote:
Looking around a bit the whole thing is a mess.

TVGuide is calling it season 14, zap2it is doing season 13, same as nbc.com, and futoncitic have it as a separate show..

this is bad, lol.......futon and zap2it both use press releases and they contradict each other, I honestly do hot know. I also got no insight into the show itself, as I never watched it.

JuanArango wrote:
I also got no insight into the show itself, as I never watched it.

The show is different in that instead of accepting new auditions they're bringing back past acts and acts from the other "got talent" competitions around the world.

But other than the new way of getting the contestants it's the same as before. Same judges, etc.

So while there is something to justify it being a separate show it's also so similar to previous seasons that there's no problem listing it under the original, imo.

Sorry, that's no help .. hehe

As we need a decision here, I am going to make one, let us go with nbc and zap2it :)

wallman2001 wrote 5 years ago: 1

It is listed as a separate show on TheFutonCritic - http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/americas-got-talent-the-champions/

Also press release from NBC stating it is a separate series - www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/10/12/the-games-begin-in-january-as-dwayne-johnson-simon-cowell-and-ellen-degeneres-join-nbcs-powerful-primetime-schedule-508313/20181012nbc02/

Just one other note in regards to the Zap2it listings...They are a bit mixed up given that the Season 13 finale (Episode 24) was on September 19th, but you just then continue you the Season with a completely different show as Episode 25?

wallman2001 wrote:
It is listed as a separate show on TheFutonCritic - http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/americas-got-talent-the-champions/

Also press release from NBC stating it is a separate series - www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/10/12/the-games-begin-in-january-as-dwayne-johnson-simon-cowell-and-ellen-degeneres-join-nbcs-powerful-primetime-schedule-508313/20181012nbc02/

Just one other note in regards to the Zap2it listings...They are a bit mixed up given that the Season 13 finale (Episode 24) was on September 19th, but you just then continue you the Season with a completely different show as Episode 25?

OK, I did not read the press release until now, things are really complicated, that press release trumps everything else, so I have to take my decision back and we will list it as a new show.

Still not as simple since after those press releases went out, NBC created a seperate show page for it on nbc.com and then later removed it, now listing the new episodes under the main show.

So something have obviously changed later on.

Aidan wrote:
Still not as simple since after those press releases went out, NBC created a seperate show page for it on nbc.com and then later removed it, now listing the new episodes under the main show.

So something have obviously changed later on.

Yes, but our policy says that the press release trumps later changes on the network page :)

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
Yes, but our policy says that the press release trumps later changes on the network page :)

It seems strange to me that (for example) a one-year-old press release would trump a site created/updated a day earlier. But the policy as written... doesn't seem to take dates into account?

https://www.tvmaze.com/faq/14/show-extras

Well in this specific case I do think we got it wrong. Something obviously changed between the time the press release was written and the time the first episode aired.

Try 30 days of free premium.