Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? New season or new show?


JuanArango wrote 21 days ago:

Question here is, if we see it as a new season or a new show?

This is what the requester posted:

https://www.nickpress.com/press-releases/2019/02/14/nickelodeon-brings-back-are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader - suggested to be a new series and not a new season for the current page as there are, "new game elements" added to the show. Also new host. June 10, 2019 premiere date: https://twitter.com/Magitroopa/status/1123775290222809088 https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9eeUkJRCZ/

I am happy for any input :)


Thomas wrote 21 days ago:

From @areyousmarter's Instagram story. @Nickelodeon's new revival of "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" will be premiering on Monday, June 10, 2019!!! #AreYouSmarter

This indicates clearly a revival, which would indicate a new season to me

I'm unable to read that press release even with an active vpn.


tnt wrote 21 days ago:

JuanArango wrote:
Question here is, if we see it as a new season or a new show?

This is what the requester posted:

https://www.nickpress.com/press-releases/2019/02/14/nickelodeon-brings-back-are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader - suggested to be a new series and not a new season for the current page as there are, "new game elements" added to the show. Also new host. June 10, 2019 premiere date: https://twitter.com/Magitroopa/status/1123775290222809088 https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9eeUkJRCZ/

I am happy for any input :)

I thought I've answered this in edit requests, no? And suggested OP to request a show. Or you unhappy with my answer?

Per press release it seems like a reboot rather than a continuation:
Nickelodeon’s new Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader follows the original premise of adult contestants putting their knowledge to the test by answering questions taken directly from elementary school curriculum. New game elements will be added to the show, including an additional “cheat” option, new ways contestants can enlist the help of their grade-school classmates, as well as a “final exam,” where contestants must answer a question from each grade in a race against the clock.

If you decide to approve request, here's the link to the high resolution poster https://s3.amazonaws.com/cs-nickelodeon/191814935LCSF/7e8a880d-af07-43de-a07a-05ff4c9b180e_large.jpg


JuanArango wrote 21 days ago:

tnt wrote:
I thought I've answered this in edit requests, no? And suggested OP to request a show. Or you unhappy with my answer?

Per press release it seems like a reboot rather than a continuation:
Nickelodeon’s new Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader follows the original premise of adult contestants putting their knowledge to the test by answering questions taken directly from elementary school curriculum. New game elements will be added to the show, including an additional “cheat” option, new ways contestants can enlist the help of their grade-school classmates, as well as a “final exam,” where contestants must answer a question from each grade in a race against the clock.

If you decide to approve request, here's the link to the high resolution poster https://s3.amazonaws.com/cs-nickelodeon/191814935LCSF/7e8a880d-af07-43de-a07a-05ff4c9b180e_large.jpg

I must have overlooked that in the edit request. The press release indeed suggests a new show, thx :)


tnt wrote 21 days ago:

For what it worth, the production company and distributor are also different, now it's MGM Television + Viacom.


JuanArango wrote 21 days ago:

tnt wrote:
For what it worth, the production company and distributor are also different, now it's MGM Television + Viacom.

I added it just now :) And set the old show to "Ended"