Try 30 days of free premium.

Seasons Premiere Year Value

porshipman wrote 8 years ago: 1

In Home>Shows>... Show ...>Seasons>Season x>update

the "Premiere Year" can only be added from 2015 onward. Too bad for old shows.

Please adapt it so that any valid year value from, let's say 1900, can be added

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

porshipman wrote:
In Home>Shows>... Show ...>Seasons>Season x>update
the "Premiere Year" can only be added from 2015 onward. Too bad for old shows.

Please adapt it so that any valid year value from, let's say 1900, can be added

We are looking into this :)

Just talked to david, this is intentional, because it is only meant for shows that have their premiere date in the future, for all other shows the premiere date is already in the episode list and will be shown from that on the main show page :)

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Indeed. This field is only ment to indicate the premiere year of future seasons. For seasons that have already aired, setting this value would be redundant as it could simply be deduced from the episode list.

I know this area isn't very self explanatory yet though. We'll work on that soon.

porshipman wrote 8 years ago: 1

"as it could simply be deduced" of course, for people with a normal education and some modicum of intellect. But for our other friends it would save a lot of headache and provide the info on one page.

The design of the page, and indeed of the whole site, is self-explanatory enough. Well thought out in general, just needs a few tweaks here and there, And beautifully designed.

I also know I am colouring a bit outside the lines here and that there are more urgent things to take care of. Judging by the comments and requests I have seen elsewhere people want everything right in front of them, not one or even two clicks away. If it is possble to provide just that, then it will save a lot of complaints in the future.

Just my 2 cents, keep up the excellent work. I love to see this site growing day by day.

Try 30 days of free premium.