Try 30 days of free premium.

Airdate field on the add-episode page

Melissa wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi. At first I'd like to thank you for the great work you're doing here; and to particularly note the fabulous easy and quick system of creating multiple episodes: automatically numbering seasons and episodes and (especially!) selecting dates of next episode by schedule. What a brilliant invention!

If the schedule of show has one new episode per week then the adding of a number of episodes works perfectly! Love It!

But if the schedule is monday-to-thursday/friday, then it throws you to the next week and every time you would have to go back to previous week/month to correct the airdate. And it takes some effort to not mess up.

By the way, I plead to improve options of show schedule to have possibility to select few different days at once: like, tuesday-to-friday, monday+wednesday+friday, or tuesday+wednesday, or saturday+sunday, etc.
May be, with Cntrl-key, like: day1 + Ctrl+day3+day6+day7?

And the last one thing, not so important.
For same calendar of the Airdate field could be nice to have an option to switch it - monday/sunday as first day of week. Maybe, in time, when you will create this option for custom settings generally.

Thank you.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thanks Melissa!

It sounds like a good idea to take the show schedule into account when adding new episodes. Changing the system to allow any arbitrary combination of schedule days is quite some work though, but I've heard more people asking about this, so we'll try to look at it soon.

Making it possible to start the calendar at sunday is a highly requested feature: http://www.tvmaze.com/forums/6/pending-features, hope to get to it soon!

david wrote:
1) It sounds like a good idea to take the show schedule into account when adding new episodes.
2) Changing the system to allow any arbitrary combination of schedule days is quite some work though, but I've heard more people asking about this, so we'll try to look at it soon.
3) Making it possible to start the calendar at sunday is a highly requested feature: http://www.tvmaze.com/forums/6/pending-features, hope to get to it soon!

I'm sorry, maybe there is some misunderstanding because of my not so good english.

1) I believed that this function already exists, because it perfectly works for schedule 'one episode per week'...
and that there is some kind of a bug that it doesn't work for daily schedule.
That's why I've wrote my message here, in the forum "bugs" and not in "suggestions" :).

2) Looking forward to it. Thank you :).

3) Yes, I've seen: "threads/122/episode-airdate-in-the-calendar-based-on-your-local-timezone". That's good, but not what I meant.

And I've also seen this thread http://www.tvmaze.com/threads/237/calendar-setting...
I hope that it would be a custom setting for users so they could <b>choose the calendar style</b> to wich they are used to, right? (for me, it's monday as first day of a week :)

But I was asking for the same option for the small calendar in the 'airdate' field on the 'Create episode' page - to choose starting day of a week (either monday or sunday). I meant if this option would work basically: if set for the Calendar then would work for Create page, too. https://yadi.sk/d/LJszkXlcjW4uF

Thank you very much.

1) The system currently works as intended. The idea behind it was that if an episode airs on a different combination of days than the options currently available, it's so arbitrary that storing/displaying it has no value. Since then some people have asked for allowing more options after all though, so we're currently considering this.

3) Ah, you're talking about the calendar that's used for setting episode airdates! I've added a remark to http://www.tvmaze.com/threads/237/calendar-setting... to check if it's possible to make that one behave the same way.

david wrote:
1) The system currently works as intended. The idea behind it was that if an episode airs on a different combination of days than the options currently available, it's so arbitrary that storing/displaying it has no value. Since then some people have asked for allowing more options after all though, so we're currently considering this.
3) Ah, you're talking about the calendar that's used for setting episode airdates! I've added a remark to http://www.tvmaze.com/threads/237/calendar-setting... to check if it's possible to make that one behave the same way.

I'm very sorry for annoying you. :( But I need to figure out clearly.
1) The option 'Monday to friday' is current now,
but 'datepicker' never picks next day of the same week,
it always picks only same day of the week but at the next week.
always: I. monday 5 -> monday 12 -> monday 19
never: II. monday 5 -> tuesday 6 -> wednesday 7
As I understand, it was intended to work only the I.-way, and the datepicker (calendar) is only the tool for users to pick dates manually, right?
I hope, the datepicker would work II.-way someday, because it's very handy. Thank you very much if you would consider "to take the show schedule into account when adding new episodes".

3) Thank you for accepting my suggestion about calendar.

And generally thank you, I like your site.
Sorry for disturbing.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Melissa wrote:
I'm very sorry for annoying you. :( But I need to figure out clearly.
1) The option 'Monday to friday' is current now,
but 'datepicker' never picks next day of the same week,
it always picks only same day of the week but at the next week.
always: I. monday 5 -> monday 12 -> monday 19
never: II. monday 5 -> tuesday 6 -> wednesday 7
As I understand, it was intended to work only the I.-way, and the datepicker (calendar) is only the tool for users to pick dates manually, right?
I hope, the datepicker would work II.-way someday, because it's very handy. Thank you very much if you would consider "to take the show schedule into account when adding new episodes".

3) Thank you for accepting my suggestion about calendar.
And generally thank you, I like your site.
Sorry for disturbing.

Hey there Melissa,

the option to use a day the show airs or "Monday to friday" is simply cosmetic, for showing it on the main show page.

it is not connected to the schedule or to "create a new episode", hope that explained it :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:

Hey there Melissa,
the option to use a day the show airs or "Monday to friday" is simply cosmetic, for showing it on the main show page.
it is not connected to the schedule or to "create a new episode", hope that explained it :)
cheers
Juan

Hi. Thanks for answer.

Understood, just cosmetic. Sorry.
Overestimated it. :))

david wrote:
Done!

Oh, WOW!! Super! You're magician! Very impressive job! Now it's perfect, just flawless functionality!
Thank you very-very much!

Also I very appreciate how you've changed schedule options – now we can choose any variants. Thank you very much!

You're welcome. Happy contributing!

Try 30 days of free premium.