Try 30 days of free premium.

Show single search

BrunoDusautoy wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hello,

have option for exact name in single search ?

exemple : for tvrage : services.tvrage.com/tools/quickinfo.php?show=Kingdom&exact=1

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'm pretty sure that single search already prioritizes exact matches, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

no exact , exemple search girl : return : New Girl

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

But there's no show named "Girl". If you search for both "Girls" and "New Girl" you will get that exact result on top.

girl being just one example if it exist it should find anything with an exact search

api.tvmaze.com/singlesearch/shows?q=The+Goldbergs return : the-goldbergs

api.tvmaze.com/singlesearch/shows?q=Goldberg return : the-goldbergs :s

I just wondering if there is an option to have the result only on exact searching

sorry me french use translator

me code command for mirc but I need an option on the exact search words

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Ah, I understand. There's no such option.

But you could easily handle this on the client side, no? Simply compare the name of the search result with your input, and if there's no 100% exact match, discard it.

compare result working , tks :)

compare search and result in my code for add my db mysql

compare The+Perfect+Murder -> find TVMAZE : The+Perfect+Murder

TVMAZE: [ 03/11 @ 11:40:30 ] The.Perfect.Murder - Country: USA - Classification: Documentary - Premiered: 2014 @ 187ms *NEW*

working

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'm not sure if it's related, and I'm not sure where the original topic where I think we were discussing it is. Or necro it. But...

If I do a single-search for The Flash, the 1967 cartoon now comes up before the current 2014 series. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Original thread is here, and I agree that the system still needs work. David has also said that the ranking is still a work-in-progress, so even though there are still errors I think we need to give him and the team some time to come up with the best solution. Just to throw my 2 cents in, the way I think results should rank is:

1st. Exact matches in order of most recent premier date.

2nd. Close matches in order of popularity.

Hmm, good point.

I'm wondering if some of these issues have to do with when the show was added to the site? For example, last night I requested that the older UK version of Whose Line Is It Anyway be added, and now that it's here it shows up first in the search results. I find it hard to believe that it is already more "popular" on this site than the US version which has been on the site longer.

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

srob650 wrote:
I'm wondering if some of these issues have to do with when the show was added to the site? For example, last night I requested that the older UK version of Whose Line Is It Anyway be added, and now that it's here it shows up first in the search results. I find it hard to believe that it is already more "popular" on this site than the US version which has been on the site longer.

Maybe its popularity/#days on the site

no respond in admin for add date for search ?

tread does not reply to my question

possible added the date or country to refine research in future update?

Try 30 days of free premium.