Try 30 days of free premium.

Fuzzy score for Whose Line Is It Anyway?

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'm wondering why I'm seeing a discrepancy in the fuzzy score between the old UK version of Whose Line and the newer US version, when they both have the exact same name. The UK version is showing a score of 5.0597506 and the US version is showing 4.7438607. It seems to me that they should have the same score, any insights are appreciated!

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I know why, but don't pay any attention to it for now, this should improve soon ;-)

Ok, glad to hear it. Would you mind posting a quick note here or in the API changelog when these improvements go live? Thank you!

I didn't want to create a new thread because I'm sure this is related, but it does seem like a slightly different issue that I haven't seen before. When searching for "Jekyll & Hyde" the top result is "Jekyll", a 2007 show, as opposed to the exact match which started this year. Screenshot for clarity. Perhaps this has to do with the ampersand?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Not the ampersand actually, but I know why. Should be fixed soon as well. :)

FYI, in the future shows with the same name won't have the same score anymore, but a score depending on the show's popularity.

david wrote:
Not the ampersand actually, but I know why. Should be fixed soon as well. :)
FYI, in the future shows with the same name won't have the same score anymore, but a score depending on the show's popularity.

Awesome. And thanks for the heads up, that may inform changes to my python api :) I assume popularity is based on "hearts/follows" ?

Try 30 days of free premium.