Try 30 days of free premium.

Show return in non native language

liiight wrote 8 years ago: 1

I've encountered some user complaints that some show title return in a different language than English.

I couldn't recreate this so I wonder how can I influence return results language.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

That could very well be; show titles are always listed in their original language, so in case of a foreign show you'll get a non-English title.

If you want to use the English name whereever available, you could try checking if the show has an AKA from the US/UK/Canada. For example: in http://api.tvmaze.com/shows/1168?embed=akas (Les Revenants) you'll see the English name for this show is "The Returned".

I apologize, I wasn't clear enough.
I'm reffering to english show returning with a non-english title. Take a look at a log from a user of ours:

2015-11-18 08:54 WARNING est_series_tvmaze series_auto_trusted_h Show Masters of Sex does not appear to have a season 4: u'Season 4 does not exist for show Cuesti\xf3n de Sexo.'

For some reason it converted the show 'Masters of Sex' to 'Cuestió de Sexo' (don't pay attention to unicode issue, that is not longer relevant).

I'm not really sure what you/they mean. Can you post a more concrete example of the API call you're doing, the expected result, and the actual result?

not really, no. i don't have access to that information.
I cant say the that lookup was done for the show 'Masters of sex' and the result that came back (from srob650 pytvmaze wrapper) was for the show 'Cuestió de Sexo' which is 'Masters of sex' in spanish.

Not sure what's up then. If you have more concrete info, let me know!

Try 30 days of free premium.