Try 30 days of free premium.

Embedding Specials in other endpoints

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Currently it seems there is no way to get a shows main info as well as full episode list WITH specials. Would love to be able to do this either by embedding the episode list WITH specials in the show main info endpoint, or by embedding the show main info in the episode list endpoint. Would this be a possible addition? Thanks

Similar, but doesn't really address what I'm asking for here.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Is there actually a facility for specials at all? Can't imagine why not unless this site is too US-centric since specials tend to be a UK thing.

Yes, the episode list can include specials if you append ?specials=1 . What I want is the ability to do one call to the api and get a show main info with full episode list including specials, which you can not currently do.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'll look at this after the primary discussion regarding special handling is settled.

Great, thank you David!

Friendly bump for this. I think that no matter what decision you make regarding specials in the other thread, it would be nice to see whatever you consider specials able to be embedded in a shows main info along with full episode list.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

This can't be very urgent, right? If you want it right now you could just request the separate episode list endpoint instead of embedding.

Never said it was super urgent, just wanted to clarify my request :)

I get that I can request the episode list, my use-case requires me to have the show main info as well so it would be two calls. Not the end of the world when getting data for one show, but when iterating over hundreds of shows that adds up. I'm sure you have bigger fish to fry at the moment so no big deal

mero wrote 8 years ago: 1

And I too came here to find out such an option. It would be awesome if we get another link for specials too beside the episodes or adding specials to the episodes it self.

Try 30 days of free premium.