Try 30 days of free premium.

ESPN Deportes

ESPN Deportes (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈen deˈportes], ESPN Sports) is an American Spanish language digital cable and satellitesports television channel that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between the Disney–ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Corporation (which owns the remaining 20%). The network is aimed primarily at Hispanic population in the United States. The channel broadcasts from studio facilities at ESPN's traditional bases of operations in Los Angeles and Bristol, Connecticut, along with their Mexican base in the Mexico City suburb of Tlalnepantla de Baz.

ESPN Deportes is available on most cable and satellite providers including Comcast, Cablevision, AT&T, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Dish Network and DirecTV. According to Nielsen, ESPN Deportes is available to at least 5.5 million Hispanic households in the United States through a programming package that includes the channel. Conversely, ESPN does not maintain second audio program audio feeds on any of their English-language channels in the United States (except for ABC's SAP Spanish coverage for the NBA Finals), allowing full exclusivity to ESPN Deportes for the Spanish rights to their properties.

There is a possibility of ESPN launch a Brazilian Portuguese language network aimed primarily at the Brazilian population in the United States somewhere in the future, mainly after ESPN broadcast the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Portuguese, using the commentary from ESPN Brasil.

View all shows »
Try 30 days of free premium.